Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trying to grow a mustache
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up on my local CL for VERY cheap. I don't know if it's kosher to tell but suffice it to say you'd spend more on a set of decent tires.;) Seems mostly original. I swapped seats as the one on it was one of those germy-juice-saver-lycra-gel-abnornalities. I think it's an 87 by looking at the FF sight. I'm just cleaning it up, refreshing cables and pads, etc. It has a few wear marks and a little sun fading on the components but nothing too bad. I'm keeping my eyes open for some rims too, the back one is a little lurpy. The fillets are awesome ( it's a Tom Teasdale). It rides amazing. Does anyone have any info on old fishers? I'm curious about angles.

I noticed that someone had found a similar frame not long ago, the difference with mine is the Mt Tam sticker, if that helps with dating.

I also noticed the light weight WTB Phoenix that was recently posted from FF has the same bike store sticker, D D cycles (in S.F?). Kind of cool. Must be a neat shop.

Anyone know where to get replacement BB bearings?

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
nice find. eyeballing it says the angles are 70 HA with a 74 SA +/-3 degrees. ;)

are those Fisher Bulge bars? I like the sweep. BP, this could be post-Bullmoose being an 87 or 88.
Parts say 87 don't they? In any case, even if it were post the stem would be yellow. This looks like an "upgrade" to me.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
bushpig said:
Parts say 87 don't they? In any case, even if it were post the stem would be yellow. This looks like an "upgrade" to me.
you've got good eyes if you can see the date codes on those parts. ;) 87 and 88 were the same unless youre seeing something that differentiates the two years...

but yeah, the stem looks like it's maybe a Fisher stem, but original would be yellow probably...

·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from a ride...

...had my boy on the back. Teaching him right. The bars look like ones I've seen on fishers before. I don't know if they are "bulge bars", the say Strong Japan on them. They're comfy with a nice sweep, wide too. I googled D D Cycles and got a shop in SFCA with a similiar stickman logo. But I will defer to you guys. It does say "frame services" underneath which backs up what you're saying.

I had to include a pic of the wrap around seat stays, damn cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Z-Man said:
I noticed that someone had found a similar frame not long ago, the difference with mine is the Mt Tam sticker, if that helps with dating.

Thanks for looking.
That was mine, a month or so ago....http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=405169..... Coincidentally, I just dropped it off Tuesday to get the paint chemically stripped. I should get it back next week, it will be interesting to see it bare. I wish mine was as clean as your's..oh well. it soon will be.:) Your's has the same decal set and seatpost wraparound lugs. What's the serial number?

Attachments

·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That'll look real nice with a little re-paint, Are you thinking original restore? I think the Tam paint job would benefit from a more gradual green to yellow fade. I liked the original masked team colors too, not so much the faded ones. My old AL1 had the neon team fade, yuk. Have you had any luck on the BB bearings? Mine are ok, but I'm looking down the road to replace.

The serial # is TT 19T229

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress pics

·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the curb feelers;)

Very clean bike, very nice

I'm beginning to wonder why my stem isn't matched, it looks like the same Nitto stem. Oh, well I'm sure I'll survive....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.