Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new 2007 swd racing 216 frame a few days ago. I got it built and have been riding it the last 2 day s and I love it. It was custom made by steve to have an extra long toptube because I'm 6 foot 5. This bike so far has eaten up whatever I can throw at and just plows down the trail like nothing I have ever ridden.

Heres the build:

2007 SWD Racing 216
2007 Marzocchi 888rc2x
Custom valved FOX DHX 5.0 rear shock
Azonic Outlaws[only temporary wheels till I get a custom set bulit]
Truvativ holzfeller cranks
Gamut p30 chaingude
Shimano xt 4 piston brakes
Michelin dh32 front dh24 rear tires
Chris King headset
NYC Glory Hole pedals
Azonic ultracross bars
Marzocchi direct mount stem
Marzcchi seat
Sram x.9 super short derailer with sram x.9 shifter
Shimano ultegra 11-23 casette with sram pg-971 chain

The bike is pretty heavy, I'm not sure about the exact weight but i really don't care. I actually like heavy bikes, they are more stable at high speeds through the rough and weight doesn't matter to me because I'm so tall I can whip and corner the bike no problem. Also I break light bikes alot.

Attachments

·
Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz
247 Posts
Wow, I was going to ask why he made it with the toptube so high up, but at 6ft 5, I guess it doesn't matter! How does the rear end feel as far as flex, if you don't mind my asking? I would have thought that a brace from the main pivot to the seattube would be there to keep the main pivot from trying to twist the downtube. Let us know how it holds up!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
#1ORBUST said:
That bike is crazy:eekster: Steel DH bike, you're one tall mofo.

So what did they have to change to make it fit?? TT yah but what's the geo?

The toptube is 24.75 inches actual measurement
The seatube is 19 inch
Headtube angle is 65 degrees
Not sure about the downtube length
Everything else is the same as the normal 216

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Nooo not a Gamut...that thing peaced MTBR user matt the FIRST RUN OF THE SEASON at Northstar.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
YES A GAMUT i run 2 diff ones and have no complaints about either. its all in your setup

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alloy said:
Hey nice bike buddy... now harden up and ride that thing like you got aids

Wait till you get back, the first day I got the bike built and went over to newbury park to ride those trails that we rode and I was so much faster than I ever was on the khs and I'm not even used to the bike yet.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
I'm digging the huck bars and narrow ass headtube and sky high TT.....looks cool.

Which NB park trails? Skel? Los Robles?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Raptordude said:
Nooo not a Gamut...that thing peaced MTBR user matt the FIRST RUN OF THE SEASON at Northstar.
Yeah, my LBS had set it up wrong because I didn't have the Shimano BB tool at the time. Now I don't even have a roller and the chain doesn't fall off...

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
Alloy said:
Hey nice bike buddy... now harden up and ride that thing like you got aids
yeah ride it and spend less time on the phone

·
SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
1,253 Posts
Wow, that thing looks so damn simple.

It's a refreshing break from all of those uber complicated linkages you see on other bikes...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts