Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been drooling over a 29er for a couple of years now, and finally took the plunge! Picked up a 2008 SS Monocog Flight this afternoon that I found on craigslist, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :thumbsup:

I figured I'd go with a (barely) used bike to get my feet wet to make sure I dig the whole 29er scene. Certainly not gonna ditch my dual squish 26er immediately or anything, but I am already a huge fan of those giant wheels! Too fun.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement, and announce that I am no longer a 29er lurker! :D

*edit*

Crappy cell phone pic, but it's all I got for now.

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get pics up soon. It's stock for now, but won't be for long. Plan on grabbing a squishy fork. Fully rigid is a tad too hardcore for me.

It's only been one ride, so I can't say whether or not I miss the gears, but I'm thinking I probably won't. I think I got a better workout in my 2 hour ride on it today than I've gotten on my geared bikes on 5 or 6 hour rides!!!

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
congrads on the new ride!!!

i just joined the ranks after a couple years sayin i wuz gunna,too!mine's a new redline d440 (geared rigid-1x8).i just scored a never built-up 07 monocog flite 26er frame too,i'm gunna make it my 26er gearie,to replace a slightly too small rocky mtn...didn't plan it this way,but that'll keep me @ having 3 bikes,but now all redline-lol

yea,definately post some pics,and check out the redline forum here too...not as big as some others,but growing:thumbsup: .and you're right,the big wheels are addictingly fun!

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cloxxki said:
Glad you like the Flight!

Do look out when getting a susser fork, that it's got similar length and offset.
Yeah, I'd seen something about that on here. I guess not everything will work eh?

Got any recommendations oh master of MTBR? LOL! I was considering an 80mm RST, heard good things about those, but I REALLY want a Fox. Just can't justify spending more on the fork than I did on the bike! LOL!

But seriously, any ideas on what will work, and what won't?

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
The 80mm Manitou will be pretty close to the original 47mm offset Flight fork. If you can source an 80mm RST M-29, that too is a viable option, but it has 44mm offset, slightly different, probably not noticeable though.

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any idea what the offset is on an '05 Reba Race off a Gary Fisher Paragon? Found a smokin' deal on one, but don't wanna waste my money if it won't work out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.