Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw it in the news. Forest State wide will open this Friday at 8 AM. Now we can spread out again, and ride those south 14 trails we loveso much.See you at Otero, 8AM Friday.Time to play.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Gila, not Cibola

Everything I've seen says it's only the Gila so far but it looks like things might be loosening up.

This website, which is "supposed" to have the latest up-to-date information doesn't even list the closure of the Sandias. But it does have this statement under the "what's restricted" section:

ALL AGENCIES IN NEW MEXICO HAVE TENTATIVE PLANS TO LIFT THEIR FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH - STAY TUNED!!

I'll try calling the Cibola a little later, but they're probably getting hammered right now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What they said was State Forestry would be lifting restrictions east of I-25 on Friday morning.

However, National Forest (Cibola-Sandia District), was evaluating conditions, but conditions certainly have improved. Let us know what the Cibola Ranger says after you call the office!

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
notaknob said:
Everything I've seen says it's only the Gila so far but it looks like things might be loosening up.

This website, which is "supposed" to have the latest up-to-date information doesn't even list the closure of the Sandias. But it does have this statement under the "what's restricted" section:

ALL AGENCIES IN NEW MEXICO HAVE TENTATIVE PLANS TO LIFT THEIR FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH - STAY TUNED!!

I'll try calling the Cibola a little later, but they're probably getting hammered right now.
Thanks Bruce :D

·
Sublime Absurdity
741 Posts
Sandia got an hour or so of steady rain between yesterday afternoon and early this AM. It looks like we'll be getting more today and tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.