Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I didn't plan on it, but I ended up changing almost everything from stock.

2010 RF I
Wheels. King hubs, Salsa Semi rims, straight gauge DT spokes, brass nips
SLX cranks, shifters*, f der*, XT r der.
Sram 971 chain* and 990/XO cassette
Avid BB7's with G3 rotors* and organic pads, SD7 levers
Jagwire Ripcord cables and housing
Bonty Rhythm stem* and bars*
Thomson post
WTB Pure V saddle
IRD (by Panaracer) Fire XC Pro tires
Spot bashring
Shimano 520 pedals
Rogue lock ons
Singletrack Solutions barends

31ish lbs.

*stock components

The unplanned changes to stock were: the seatpost since it was delivered without one; the rear derailleur because the SLX shadow didn't work well enough to suit me; the cassette because the 12-36 HG-61 was chewing up the King driveshell- and it is the stainless.

The bike rides better than I expected. I don't really care about weight but I was hoping for sub 30. The thing is, it rides and climbs so well that it doesn't feel that heavy. I haven't had a bike that I've enjoyed this much since my old SC Blur.

A couple other early pics from before I nailed down the specs

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just a longtime fan of BB7's, been using them since they were just called Avid Mechanicals. Much easier to get them adjusted perfect, which is important because I'm picky, and I know how to set them up so they feel like hydraulics. Only real negatives are weight which I don't care about, and fore arm pump on long descents which isn't a problem here in FL.

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tinshield said:
Rear brake line is begging for destruction.
Which part? The cable is secured to the seatstay with a ziptie. The guide on the frame would put like 4 tight bends on the cable. Not good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think he meant same zip tie location just on the inside of the seat stay.

Cool Bike BTW.

I have a rumblefish 2 and am getting noticeable lateral flex out of the rear end on hard cornering. Sort of like G out corners. I put a DT swiss/ Stans arch rear wheel on and that helped some and I tighten the crap out of the qr and both helped some but not fully.

I just wanted to see if you are experiencing anything similar.

My bike is an XL.

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, a lot of thought went into the build. This is my first new mtb since getting a bike shop job and getting into BMX and it has caused me to be much more concious of how my bikes perform and look, as opposed to "all XT and everything black".

I did start having some wheel flex issues, but it turned out I just needed to touch up the spoke tension. That being said, I am going to look into possibly converting to the new 12mm thru. FWIW, the rear end on the 2010 Rumblefish is identical to the HiFi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts