Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is. It took a couple of months but I finally finished my first build up from a frame only. It felt great on the street now I just need the trails to dry out a bit so I can get a real test ride done. Final weight as pictured with bottle and pump was 26lbs 7ozs.

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Carmine Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Spoke

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Spoke Bicycle part

Niner Air 9 Vanna White 1590g
Rockshox Reba RLT 1745g
Chris King Headset 125g
SLX Crankset 900g
Bottom Bracket
XT Clipless Pedals 353g
X9 Shifters 260g
X9 Rear Derailleur 210g
Front Derailleur 150g
Avid BB7 Brakes 480g
Avid Rotors w/bolts 230g
Avid Speed Dial Ti Levers 95g
Lizard Skins Northshore Grips 140g
Salsa ProMoto Carbon 11d Bar 150g
Salsa ProMoto Stem 155g
Thomson Elite Seatpost 245g
Salsa Seat Clamp 45g
WTB Seat 235g
Jagwire Cables 280g
Salsa Skewers F/R 100g
Stans ZTR Flow front w/tape 950g
Stans ZTR Flow rear w/tape 1070g
PG-990 cassette 305g
Maxxis Ignitor Front 605g
Maxxis ignitor Rear 625g
SRAM Chain PC-991 295g
26" tube front 170g
29" tube rear 205g
11713g
26lbs 7oz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The QR was tightened right after I took the picture and yes I know I do need to adjust the seat still. Just keep forgetting to do it. Hope I remember to do it before I hit the trails though. I also have to get rid of the pump and carry it in my pack. I hate it mounted to the frame.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone!

@Wedge... I think it may just be the angle but I will give it a second look when I adjust the seat. Thanks

@GP... Thanks! I've only had it out on the street a bit but I
Iike the way it feels. Very quick acceleration and it seems nimble. I am hoping the weather cooperates this week and things dry up a bit so I can get on some trails next weekend. I'll give you a better report then

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw a lot of posts about using 26" tubes to save weight so I thought I would give it a try. I happened to have a regular 26" tube laying around so that is what I used as a test. The savings right now is only 35g but now that I know it works well I can get a set of light tubes and save almost 100g per.

Just because I have Stans doesn't mean I have to run tubeless, I'm not really sure if I want to go that route or not. I'm not really sold on tubeless yet.

·
dirtbag
1,532 Posts
Mailman953 said:
I saw a lot of posts about using 26" tubes to save weight so I thought I would give it a try. I happened to have a regular 26" tube laying around so that is what I used as a test. The savings right now is only 35g but now that I know it works well I can get a set of light tubes and save almost 100g per.

Just because I have Stans doesn't mean I have to run tubeless, I'm not really sure if I want to go that route or not. I'm not really sold on tubeless yet.
Don't knock it til you try it. ;)

I've had great experience with tubeless wheelsets on two bikes but they were UST. I'm also working on getting parts for my RIP frame and will be going with a Stans tubeless wheelset as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.