Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Words cannot express how much I love this bike.

I was up until 3:45 last night wheelbuilding and doing various other conversions.
A little more work this morning and she was right as rain... which of course it decided to do this afternoon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
lucifer said:
Words cannot express how much I love this bike.

I was up until 3:45 last night wheelbuilding and doing various other conversions.
A little more work this morning and she was right as rain... which of course it decided to do this afternoon.

oh man, that looks nice!

ENO hub?
1" ht?
How you like that hbar? I've really been eyeing that style.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DSR said:
Stunning! Repainted or just mint? S
Believe it or not it was new in january... It had been sitting around for almost 11 years unbuilt. This bike is an ebay miracle.

Eno goodness

I love the handlebars. They are 9.99 ebay jobs but they are reasonably light and wrapped thick with cinelli gel bar tape. Which by the way is better than any grips I've ever used.

Yes it is a 1" headtube.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The rest of the story about the bike is here...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=69787

I originally built it up 1 x 7 so I could spread out the spending but as soon as I had the money I sprung for the eno which took a ****ing month to get here....

Here are the specs if you care.

1994 Fat Chance Buck Shaver (medium frame painted sapphire blue)
Tange Unicrown fork
Chris king no threadset with FF singlespeed cap
Ringle zooka stem (really need to swap this for a 10 degree model if I can ever find one)
Generic bullhorn bars with Cinelli gel tape and plugs carved from wine corks.
Avid brake levers and ultimate v-brakes
Syncros seatpost
Selle Italia Max Flite saddle
Tange 110 sealed BB (probably going to switch this to a 107 soon to get a better chainline)
Race Face Turbine LP 170mm Cranks
Syncros 32T chainring
Sachs chain
Specialized Ti crank bolts
Shimano SPD m520s
Wheels I built myself (28 hole mavic m231s, Wheelsmith DB14 spokes in black, Ringle sun of bubba front hub, WI eccentric 28H black eno rear hub, gold and blue nipples)
Control Tech Ti front skewer
WI ENO freewheel 19T
Oh yeah and brand new Onza porcupines all the way from England. :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I'd be happy to provide them but alas the mtbr upload size limit is crampin my style...

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
lucifer said:
And I'd be happy to provide them but alas the mtbr upload size limit is crampin my style...
Take a new pic with a solid, or at least simpler, background. Works better with jpeg compression.

Then increase the jpeg compression. I find lowering compression/image quality from ~85% to 75% can cut the file size in half with little detail loss.

Much larger pixel size images can be uploaded if you do the above.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts