Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Nice, Susan!

My GF has a custom steel Dean. She rode the snot out of that thing. Think she's going to try to have Dean weld in some horizontal dropouts and convert it to SS since she just got her custom Seven Duo.

Looks like a monster stack of spacers under the stem. You checking it out before cutting the steering tube or is that the setup you're going to run?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would love to see a pic of your GFs Seven Duo. Hope you can post one!

Good eye there FreeRange. I do indeed have a stack of spacers under the stem. This is actually the set-up I plan on using, at least for now. Just took it out for a test spin and it is SWEET. Huge difference from my old (and I mean OLD) Trek.

Funny you mention SS. I was thinking of re-purposing my old Trek frame as a SS. May even try doing it myself (a mechanic I'm NOT).

Susan

FreeRangeChicken said:
Nice, Susan!

My GF has a custom steel Dean. She rode the snot out of that thing. Think she's going to try to have Dean weld in some horizontal dropouts and convert it to SS since she just got her custom Seven Duo.

Looks like a monster stack of spacers under the stem. You checking it out before cutting the steering tube or is that the setup you're going to run?

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
susannyny said:
Would love to see a pic of your GFs Seven Duo. Hope you can post one!

Good eye there FreeRange. I do indeed have a stack of spacers under the stem. This is actually the set-up I plan on using, at least for now. Just took it out for a test spin and it is SWEET. Huge difference from my old (and I mean OLD) Trek.

Funny you mention SS. I was thinking of re-purposing my old Trek frame as a SS. May even try doing it myself (a mechanic I'm NOT).

Susan
She posted some pics of her Duo in this thread...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94917

She's only 4'10" so it's a really tiny bike. I look like a clown on it.... I look like a clown anyway, but I digress.

The Trek will be a good test subject now for learning some wrenching skills. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty. The Park Tool web site is a great resource for "How To's" on bike repairs.

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQindex.shtml

Enjoy that sweet new ride.

FRC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.