Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to turn up for a ride yesterday and discover one of the riders had a shiny new Turner baby. After riding my Spot in Korea for nearly two years it was pretty cool to finally have two Turners together in one place.

We had a few anxious moments at first when they were sniffing around each other's tails and making excited little yaps, but eventually we let them off their leads and they happily ran around in the forest together for hours.

Duncan

Attachments

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Not the only one....

...I've been keeping it real down in Kunsan since May. I'm going to plan a riding trip up to Seoul sometime in the Spring before I leave. Probably base out of Yongson. Can you take a bike on the KTX or subway?

Here are some shots from the weekend near Kunsan National University:

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, the yellow is very cool. Nice bike. I'm going to have to try it out if you're up in Seoul or if I head down to Kunsan one day. Looks like we can really get the Far East Chapter of the Turner Mafia up and running.

It's very tricky to get bikes onto trains here, so for long distance travel a bus is a far better option. As for getting around Seoul itself, well, technically bikes are not allowed on the subway, but I only get stopped about 1 in 15 times or so. Koreans are pretty friendly and even the subway drivers look fairly unconcerned when they see a bike. Being a foreigner helps too - for some strange reason my Korean language skills take a sudden dive when I see a belligerent subway official come my way. :)

Cheers,

Duncan

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I'm pretty sure Kodiak City has the highest per capita Turner ownership rate of any municipal area on the face of the planet.

Just doin' my part. :D

Nice yellow. I like your friend's color coordination too, Duncan.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Interesting setup with the short-short stem and straight bar/bar ends. Cool beans with the global homers. The riding looks pretty good in Korea, keep the shots coming.

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. The school bus yellow powdercoat was done by Spectrum in C-Springs, CO. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

Duncan...I don't think Kunsan is worth a trip down from Seoul. There is a great park downtown, but most of the other trails are separated by a lot of rice fields. We make do with what is available. I'll send you a PM when I figure out a plan for Seoul. Plus I need to get better on the techy stuff to hang with you guys.

Beau

Here is a pic right after I got her:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.