Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....well almost.

A set of deraileur cables and a chain and she's done.

She's a bit porky due to the heavy FR/DH wheelset that I had laying around, but I'll change it out for something lighter later.

I'm gonna wait until I get to SEA to finish it so that Washington dirt is the first dirt that kisses the tires.............Merry Xmas to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
cactuscorn said:
ok zilla. give it up. who does those? wonder if they do other designs too. my plastic odi's are in need of somethin more cool lookin than plain jane plastic.
I believe Dangerboy does them.

http://www.dangerboyusa.com/barends.php

He also makes some sweet levers for most brands of disc brakes. Solid stuff overall. Not to mention that it is Canadian. eh?

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
t66 said:
I thought you had long since headed west. There's no riding in that frozen tundra till at least April. Let's break that thing in next Sunday morning @ Bull if your still around. How bout it? Nice bike!
I'd love to my friend, but I leave for a stop off in PA on Wed. and I will be heading westward with my Pop next Sunday morning.

Besides, I got enough red clay sticking to my VP-Free. ;)

See y'all on the Left Side.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
t66 said:
There's no riding in that frozen tundra till at least April.
Don't tell my wife that- I'd have to find a different excuse to go drinking on weeknights!

EIO, sweet ride, that thing will be perfect for out here! I wouldn't sweat the wheels, snow level is currently at 1800' above sea level here so it's not like youre going to enjoy lighter wheels anyway. Plus most of our winter XC rides involve some air time opportunities.

EB was right about the lights tho- spring for an HID. We do about half our riding in the dark between october and march...

·
Registered
211 Posts
nice....

e[I said:
o].....well almost.

A set of deraileur cables and a chain and she's done.

She's a bit porky due to the heavy FR/DH wheelset that I had laying around, but I'll change it out for something lighter later.

I'm gonna wait until I get to SEA to finish it so that Washington dirt is the first dirt that kisses the tires.............Merry Xmas to me!
is that an 05? I thought that size xl had two seat tube gussets. Super nice ride...Why did you decide on the dhx vs. the dhx air?

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IdahoBiker said:
Why did you decide on the dhx vs. the dhx air?.....
6'5" 225 lb. man on a DHX air?

Guys smaller than me are having a hard time getting the proper sag out of those things.
So coil it is.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
im a shop geek so i have little need for dot coms eio. nice plus huh? ugi is in full swing but itll have to wait till after the 1st of the year. ive blown my wad enough as it is and krismiss is what, tomorrow? im screwed! hows about those levers? i hear good and bad stuff. runnin hayes now. thanx for all the tips guys!

·
Registered
211 Posts
e[I said:
o]6'5" 225 lb. man on a DHX air?

Guys smaller than me are having a hard time getting the proper sag out of those things.
So coil it is.
I hear ya. DT told me that at 6'3" 230 that the air would be just fine. I have read some threads though that contradict that a bit. What spring rate is on there. What about that gusset, why don't you have 2 of those suckers on the seat tube? That black looks delicious!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Nice EIO!! Too bad you didn't have that for Blankets insetad of the VPF.

Ahhhhh....WTF is up with that front brake hose routing? A few too many during the build process?

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SSINGA said:
Ahhhhh....WTF is up with that front brake hose routing? A few too many during the build process?
Criss cross apple sauce......a nice long gentle loop.

I've never had problem doing it that way before.

Some people are so anal retentive.......... :rolleyes: :p ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.