Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fuji FS, lots of people slept on this one. Very few upgrades made for a solid bike, takes hits nice. :thumbsup:

Replaced the fork to a boxxer ride, one of the best descisions I have made in a while. Comes in at 43lbs.

Seat is too high, I know. I took it off the stand before both pictures.

Attachments

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a better rear shock. How do I figure out the stroke lenght? Is is just measures eye to eye on the shock? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
The stroke is the length of the shaft.
Not necessarily. 7.875" X 2.0" and 7.875" X 2.25" shocks have the same amount of exposed body. You need to either open the shock's air-sleeve and measure the internal damper shaft or contact the shock or frame manufacturer for original specifications.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a 2005 Fuji Adventure Comp.

I picked the complete bike up at 50% off last year for $900. I have upgraded the fork, it came with a Manitou Nixon Comp 145mm. The stock wheels were poop so I threw some S-types on there. The stock tires were Cont. Gravity's, which actually suck for a rear, but I love the front. I recently put a Ignitor on the rear, great tire.

A few other updrades here and there. The bike feels great and handles great too. With the boxxer dialed down to 135, the bike really flows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.