Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17,520 Posts
In my opinion, this video , clearly shows ebikes are not dirt bikes. I bet even the kids 50cc class would spank every person in this video.
For sure, and every person in this video would spank any world class xc racer. IMHO that shows that they're also clearly not bicycles.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
In my opinion, this video , clearly shows ebikes are not dirt bikes. I bet even the kids 50cc class would spank every person in this video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agreed

Ebikes belong racing on a technical short track XC coarse. They had an OK set up at Sea Otter. It was not that technical really, but you had to be able to get down a short rock staircase.

·
Registered
511 Posts
For sure, and every person in this video would spank any world class xc racer. IMHO that shows that they're also clearly not bicycles.
This is not true, at one of the places I ride my ebike, a top MTB racer lives (UCI ranking #70 something). I rode one particularly rollie section 5 times in a row to try and minimize my time, and if I would have gone any faster I would have been clipping trees. I looked up his time later on Strava for the same section and he beat me by 4 minutes in a 20 minute section. World class is just that!

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
The best part of that video is at 22:00 when the commentators are musing about the chubby guy on the 15kw ebikes "special technique" coming out of the corners without pedaling :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,749 Posts
Embarrassing.

So you can pedal these bikes, but clearly the riders are throttling, so why bother pedaling?

I could see riding an electric moto on that track, but who would willingly pedal an ebike on a moto track?

Not only does that seem totally lame, but it has nothing to do with mountain biking.

Yup, embarrassing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They were drunk, probably got free beer as an enticement to watch the silliness.
This would be much better if they had to have a beer per lap. It also needs a joker line, where you have to do something that actually plays to the ebikes strengths, like climb a big hill, or recharge or something.

This is the future by the way. Olympics 2032, you'll see and you will all be remembering this. Mark it on your calendars.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.