Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found and used color coordinated (w the rim tape) plugs to fill all the unused spoke holes in clownshoe rims. I use shrader valved innertubes and run the 4.9 TS tires.

Looks neat...and cheap. Cheap super fast shipping

Hole Plugs/Hole Covers/Hole-Caps ? by Pro-Dec

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree adding a couple of GRAINS of weight is bad (hahaha) and some always have a hard time getting it in the hole.

Rim Automotive lighting Light Carbon Bicycle wheel rim

Orange Guitar accessory Wire Still life photography Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
My guess would be about 5 g, as 64 veloplugs weigh 10 g (I bought a set when I last suffered from weight weenieism) :)
I can relate to that. :)

But I discovered that carefully cut patches of duct tape were even lighter. :) (But I wouldn't want to try that on a high pressure tyre)

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
My guess would be about 5 g, as 64 veloplugs weigh 10 g (I bought a set when I last suffered from weight weenieism) :)
I can relate to that. :)

But I discovered that carefully cut patches of duct tape were even lighter. :)

(But I wouldn't want to try that on a high pressure tyre)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Were you having problems with stuff getting in the unused holes? I think they look great, and it's a creative, cheap bling (compared to Ti bolts and stuff like that), but it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,393 Posts
For clownshoes and other holey, singlewall (at least where all the holes are) this is not that big of deal. The big holes will gather whatever, whether the spoke holes are filled or not. I like the contrasting colors, so it's all good.

If you're running double walled rims, OTOH - where debris will fall thru the holes and accumulate inside the rim, this is a very good idea. I found these plugs at the local hardware store - black only - and filled the 18 spare spoke holes after I drilled 18 new ones in the other side to build a Moonlander offset wheel. Red wheel with black plugs is good enough.

Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.