Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering how labor intensive the frames are, I am surprised by how many fillet brazed Ritcheys there are floating around. My only Ritchey is an 88 or 89 Timber Comp, but it is really sweet. Beautiful fillets and detail work and in really nice shape. I wouldn't mind finding a Super Comp, Team Comp or Annapurna though!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Dear Diary, This morning was beautiful. I saw a Ritchey on the bike path.

bushpig said:
Considering how labor intensive the frames are, I am surprised by how many fillet brazed Ritcheys there are floating around. My only Ritchey is an 88 or 89 Timber Comp, but it is really sweet. Beautiful fillets and detail work and in really nice shape. I wouldn't mind finding a Super Comp, Team Comp or Annapurna though!

Stay tuned for more of Bushpig's journal entries. ;)

The B frames are fairly common considering all the work that goes into them like you say. The C frames are the hard ones to find. The rare Annapurna marked with an A on the bb shell is even harder to find and a notch above even the pretty C frames.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Can we not talk about Fillet Brazed Ritcheys until I have one of my own.
Thanks.

:p

My only Ritchey is Sully's beat to hell Ascent. :(

·
Registered
451 Posts
Some of us even have Ritchey Fillet Brazed tandems :) Lots of Fillet there ! and my final quest is a Ritchey Roadie Fillet Brazed, which is in my cross hairs An Annapurna is indeed a desire......

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Capt Tripps said:
Some of us even have Ritchey Fillet Brazed tandems :) Lots of Fillet there ! and my final quest is a Ritchey Roadie Fillet Brazed, which is in my cross hairs An Annapurna is indeed a desire......
I think that Idaho is pretty well represented in the area of fillet brazed Ritcheys. ;)

I'd like to check out your tandem sometime. And next time in you're in the southwest corner of the state give me a call. I'll bring out my Annapurna out for a ride. :)

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
bushpig said:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
laffeaux said:
I think that Idaho is pretty well represented in the area of fillet brazed Ritcheys. ;)

I'd like to check out your tandem sometime. And next time in you're in the southwest corner of the state give me a call. I'll bring out my Annapurna out for a ride. :)
Come on up for the CycleO de Mayo, and I can make the Poker Run a stacked deck for vintage bikes :) Actually the singletrack poker run is an awesome ride on a Ritchey.

I will take some pics of the Tandem, Pearl White, Dual Brake rear / canti and roller cam with toggle on the lever...

More I think about it a vintage bike rally sounds like a great addition to the festivities!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
bushpig said:
I hope I get to write a journal entry one day about an Annapurna or a Team Comp or Super Comp making its way into my collection :D
You mean like this one?;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
bushpig said:
Rubbing the salt in on that. I had a big bid ready to go on that one and went for the cheaper TimberComp that finished the same day, not realizing how minty that one was!
Rubbing salt?? I don't know what you are referring to, BP.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Capt Tripps said:
Come on up for the CycleO de Mayo, and I can make the Poker Run a stacked deck for vintage bikes :) Actually the singletrack poker run is an awesome ride on a Ritchey.

More I think about it a vintage bike rally sounds like a great addition to the festivities!!!:thumbsup:
As much as I don't want to hangout at a place called "Athol" (Do you pronounce it with a lisp?), I'll likely be up there as long as work does not get in the way.

I'll try and rally a Treasure Valley contingent.

·
artistic...
7,598 Posts
the bars and white stem on that mint ritchey are extraordinary.it's exactly what i am looking for.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Not to get off topic here, but- yow! How long is that stem? Looks like something off a (very well-finished) mod trials bike.

·
Registered
184 Posts
uphiller said:
Not to get off topic here, but- yow! How long is that stem? Looks like something off a (very well-finished) mod trials bike.
That Ritchey stem is 160mm and came stock (!) on the 17" SuperComp.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts