Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
As I was watching Off Road to Athens I had to laugh as Filip is lamenting post race about some racers cutting the course. Look who's calling the kettle black.

Back on topic, if he comes back and races clean, that's great...but he's gonna have that hanging over him from here on out. Every time he wins people are gonna wonder if he's still doping.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
It kinda sucked when he was caught last year on EPO, but he got spine and admited on using it. It didn't make it right (the use of EPO), but I liked that he admited being wrong. I hope he comes back and compete fairly.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,397 Posts
hmmm..

Homewrecking doper finds that he has no value following being busted for doping.
Don't call it a comeback.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
I liked that he admited being wrong. I hope he comes back and compete fairly.
Did he admit any wrongdoing? I thought he only expressed regret for being caught. Here's hoping that he's clean.

He was definitely the Sith Lord of Offroad to Athens. The scene where he's getting rubbed down and complaining about the course cutters was after the race which yielded the positive pee pee. Comic tragedy.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
GrantB said:
Did he admit any wrongdoing? I thought he only expressed regret for being caught. Here's hoping that he's clean.

He was definitely the Sith Lord of Offroad to Athens. The scene where he's getting rubbed down and complaining about the course cutters was after the race which yielded the positive pee pee. Comic tragedy.
I think he did accept that he did take EPO, but I don't remember the article. If he wasn't caught, I guess he would have continued with it. I don't admire him for taking EPO, I just think that he had merit at admiting being wrong and using EPO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
he confessed, and apologised. his justification was that pressure put on him to win the worlds pushed him to do the mistake. He did not seem to need it that year, since he did it after some wins. Redempted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts