Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Tom and I gathered fifteen 29er bikes and let some Norcal folks try them out. It was a smashing success!

A few of the converts are stressing out their credit cards this morning.

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=260051

This is going to be a great model form demo days. Get a bunch of friends to share their bikes and have a day where everyone can swap and try out each other's ride.

francois

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finger51 said:
Looks fun! sorry I missed it. When's the next one? I'll bring my Farmboy
I'm not sure there will be a next. The FS 29ers have to go back soon anyway.

I did get to try a Raleigh 29er! Man, that front end is a little hard.

I also got to ride Rensho's 17 lb. One 9. Whatarocket! Post some specs on that bad boy.

fc

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
francois said:
Yesterday, Tom and I gathered fifteen 29er bikes and let some Norcal folks try them out. It was a smashing success!

This is going to be a great model form demo days. Get a bunch of friends to share their bikes and have a day where everyone can swap and try out each other's ride.

francois
Wait a minute!!! I didn't get an invite! What's the deal??!

Looks like you had a great day. What was the final word on which bike was most liked?

andy

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy aka Rut said:
Wait a minute!!! I didn't get an invite! What's the deal??!

Looks like you had a great day. What was the final word on which bike was most liked?

andy
Most popular were the RIP9 and the El Rey.

The surprise hits were the three SIR9s. They were all ultralight singlespeeds with rigid forks. Everyone who rode them seemed hooked!

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steelbike said:
How is Passion TB as a 29er shop?
They are just getting started. They have a few Specialized tires in stock. They are trying to pick up a line of bikes at the moment.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SyT said:
I'm very interested in this build as well. What is the rider's weight??
He is 150 lbs. The bike is very solid. I9 stans wheels with Ignitors, triple ti eggbeaters, salsa bar with foam grips, boone cogs, slr saddle, xtr cranks, pace fork to name a few. I believe the weight is 17.3 lbs.

fc

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
francois said:
He is 150 lbs. The bike is very solid. I9 stans wheels with Ignitors, triple ti eggbeaters, salsa bar with foam grips, boone cogs, slr saddle, xtr cranks, pace fork to name a few. I believe the weight is 17.3 lbs.

fc
I gots to get her cleaned up and then I'll snap some pics. So far, I'm loving the change. All the specs above are correct. Being an SS, there isn't too much to list.

What really caught me off guard was when one of the test riders rode it. Noob to SS, first time on rigid 29er, and the guy was off the front, grinning ear to ear. He shot down a steep, narrow, rocky rutted ST, with cliff action to the left, and he was gone. I was worried for him and the bike, as he was just in front of me. I went down the same section immediately afterwards and thought, 'wow, he either really puckered, or is really hardcore'. I guess it never phased him. Back at the car, the questions started as 'how much for that fork' and then turned in to 'how much for that whole bike'? Hook, line, sinker!

I overheard someone else say, 'now I am buying a SIR9 for sure, after riding Jeffh's SIR9'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.