Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watching someone huck off of something big or risky is impressive. But, what I find really fascinating, is watching people climb though, or up stuff that most consider unrideable.

Here's TechFiend gettin' it done in the chunky stuff.

Attachments

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Very cool.

The Spot is a great technical climber. I love the way the rear hooks up and digs in.

·
Dishwasher Safe
1,253 Posts
Yeah, that stuff impresses me too. Nice work tf.

Looks like a great trail. I'm gonna have to try and head out there while I'm that way next week.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
Thanks for posting that Aqua. I have too much fear to ride or huck a lot of the stuff I see you guys doing, but I can at least try climbing up some of the technical stuff. It's always really impressive to see what some people can climb, that I usually don't have the horsepower to do. That second picture is impressive. Good job Techfiend.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Nice! I remember from THC '06 that Myl was a tenacious climber, and one section in particular on Gooseberry we kept trying until we got it, even though we almost lost the group in the process.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Nice work TF, and shots of it Aqua.

Aquaholic said:
Watching myself huck off of something big or risky is impressive. But.....
So Is this defining a new direction for you for this new year?

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Nice climbing Techfriend. But tell me, why do you leave your chainstays and seat stays unprotected like that? They have no paint on them! It must be a fashion statement.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
My favorite technical thing to do.

Not to be a zealot, but those sort of climbs are where I have found 29" FS bikes most extraordinary.

Great work in the chunk.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
ya see... ive learned to get a bit of air but its this stuff ive yet to embrace. part of it is strength and alot of it is my total fear of inversion. i hate steep ups and loath them when i dont have a good place to put a foot down. to me, its guys like myl and the rest who can do this stuff that are the real riders to look up to. color me impressed. good post aqua! very good post.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Too much credit..

Aquaholic said:
Here's TechFiend gettin' it done in the chunky stuff.
Mr. Aqua and I spent a lot of time today playing around on Noble. My success rate on the major chunk wasn't very high, but it was all very good and nobody got hurt.

Here's Mr. Aqua and his rollers..

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Indeed it is...

RedRocker said:
The Spot is a great technical climber. I love the way the rear hooks up and digs in.
..but the RFX is an even better climber, with the full 160mm Fox 36 up front. No need for any of the travel adjust bullsheeeeeet..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good observation

Renegade said:
Nice climbing Techfriend. But tell me, why do you leave your chainstays and seat stays unprotected like that? They have no paint on them! It must be a fashion statement.
I am gullible, and have been led to believe that they are clear anodized. It is not unlike wearing transparent speedos.

·
Nothing to see here
892 Posts
Good stuff. I love watching a good climb: the churning wheels, the biting tread, the synchronicity of the pedaling, the subtleness of the weight shifts, the clunking of rocks underneath, the slight and infrequent kick of dirt, the rare but sometimes necessary brake flicking. Love it.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
when i was a xc racer geek, we use to pick the top of the nastyest climb to do our spectating/heckeling. it was always a rush to watch the best asenders kick the mountains ass and leave it the doctor bill. for the slower guys or mechanicals we always had some extra beer in case they needed a rest or a diversion. good times.....

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
You DID clean that section? Hell, I'll never be able to harrass you again if you did. I hope you meant did NOT clean that section. You should come back to CO sometime. In fact, come when crisillo comes back and we may do a Colorado-Montana trip and you can ride with Larry and Chad.

Larry is another guy who can ride really well and clear some crazy sections. It is great fun watching good technical climbers. I enjoy that the most. I have never seen Chad ride but I hear that guy was FAST when he was back in Kansas City and rode with some riders/racers I know.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts