Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as previously posted I bought a set of Dotec cranks to try some 175mm crank arms over my 180 RF cranks. Why? No Particular reason, just something to do. Well I put it all together with a Salsa 32T CR and a 17T cog (about the same as my old 34:18 setup). Today Spike and I did a little ride to field test my new setup and the changes to his SS Chameleon (lowered and cut his handle bars; again I don’t know why). Anyway the difference was as expected. First my riding style is to stay seated at all cost and stand only when needed (or to stretch, or if I'm tired, or to go faster; but you know what I mean). Anyway my seated grinds where a little easier and my standing efforts a little more effort. On the positive side, I did not notice the flexing I expected with these “inexpensive” cranks. Are they as stiff as my RF? No, but they compare favorably with the TruVativ Stylos I rode on before. I haven’t decided if one difference is more of an advantage over the other so I feel I need more field research, which of course means more riding. Hey it’s a tough job but someone has to sacrifice for you’all.

1G1G, Brad

Attachments

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
They look good!

Keep us posted on how they work out for you long term. At $30 a pair new they are a great bargain it seems. Too bad they don't come in 180mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.