Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an abundance of caution I have reserved a motel room, but I would rather camp. Colorado River State Park looks like a good location. What's it like? Any other suggestions?

·
Who's that guy?
233 Posts
Shannon-UT told me about this site. It's what I used.

https://www.reserveamerica.com

I will be tenting at the Co. River - Fruita site. No idea if it has trees, but it does have a shower and restrooms...all a guy needs!

Are you coming on your own or with a group?

Dave

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
MTBama said:
In an abundance of caution I have reserved a motel room, but I would rather camp. Colorado River State Park looks like a good location. What's it like? Any other suggestions?
It's a typical park,some trees lots of grass fire rings bathrooms showers and on the CO river.There is also Monument Rv park across the road that is similiar and also rents little cabins.Inside The National Monument Park there is also a campground it's about a twenty minute drive above Fruita.
All three are probably booked though :( .

·
ride
5,275 Posts
MTBama said:
Camping at Rabbit Valley is great if you want to be away from folks in a more remote area. Most of the campspots there have pit toilets but you've got to pack it out if you hit one of the dispersed spots. Need fire pans, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to iron out some details at work but I hope to make it. Right now it looks like I'll be flying solo. Seems like it will be well attended so I don't think I'll get lonesome.

·
Who's that guy?
233 Posts
MTBama said:
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to iron out some details at work but I hope to make it. Right now it looks like I'll be flying solo. Seems like it will be well attended so I don't think I'll get lonesome.
Hope you make it. I will be a party of one as well and I am guessing I will run into a few other bikers here and there for that weekend. People seem to like riding with an old slow guy like me. Makes everyone else look good. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.