Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
good to hear!
mullet seems nice.
I was right there with you until I learned that mulleting a bike that wasn't expressly designed for it chops off about 20mm of reach. I actually had both of my full-sus bikes and my hardtail mulleted. I've switched both back to 29er front and rear on all my bikes. It took a couple of rides to get used to the big tire in the back, but now it feels great!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I discovered that there were NO volume reducers in my super deluxe, as such I've been running overly high shock pressure to compensate for pedal bob/strikes.
I'm glad you flagged this. I'm currently running my shock at the absolute maximum pressure to address the issue of pedal bob. It hadn't occurred to me that the shock may have no volume reducers. I'll pull some from a spare shock sitting on the shelf and address that this weekend. It looks like we won't have decent riding weather here for the foreseeable future, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to give it a real ride and report back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm glad you flagged this. I'm currently running my shock at the absolute maximum pressure to address the issue of pedal bob. It hadn't occurred to me that the shock may have no volume reducers. I'll pull some from a spare shock sitting on the shelf and address that this weekend. It looks like we won't have decent riding weather here for the foreseeable future, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to give it a real ride and report back.
Which shock are you running ? I had 2 and removed both from a X2 and found the bike night and day better. I've never really had any pedal bob to speak of and the LA Sal has a crazy high anti squat value so I'm really surprised to hear of pedal bob issues. I'm about 195 and have the bike at 240psi.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Which shock are you running ? I had 2 and removed both from a X2 and found the bike night and day better. I've never really had any pedal bob to speak of and the LA Sal has a crazy high anti squat value so I'm really surprised to hear of pedal bob issues. I'm about 195 and have the bike at 240psi.
I'm running a Super Deluxe Select+. If it was any other shock I'd simply be dialing in the compression, but that's not an option with the Select+. I am also running a 28t chainring, which I think may be contributing to the issue. I built the frame up with spare parts, and it was cheaper for me to get a smaller chainring than a new cassette and a derailleur that could handle more than 46t. I plan to move up a size or two in chainrings when I finally get around to moving over to Shimano 12 speed.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Took a run yesterday with 3 volume reducers installed, AND removed the negative wave spring. Better action, instead of running max pressure now down about 35 psi for a much more composed ride. spent a fair amount of time pedaling in the "trail" setting, where "lockout" was the norm in the past. I like it. The next step is to fabricate a negative volume spacer to go in place of wave spring I removed. Updates as I have them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody here have any coil imput. I weigh 185 and 195 geared up . I was told I needed a 550 spring and replaced my 500 the super deluxe I bought came with. Seems like I'm about 32%+ sag with no gear and used about 75% travel going off a curb. Should I look at a 600?. .. seems like an averageish rider weight wouldn't use the heaviest possible spring?

·
Registered
34 Posts
FWIW I have a 29x2.6 Dissector on my La Sal peak and there isn't much room for more tire. No rubbing so far with about 20 miles of Southern Utah classic trails on it.
20201223_075908.jpg

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
FWIW I have a 29x2.6 Dissector on my La Sal peak and there isn't much room for more tire. No rubbing so far with about 20 miles of Southern Utah classic trails on it.
Thanks for the feedback. Is your 2.6 Dissector on an 30 mm internal width rim, and, how do you like the dissector? I was running a 2.4 ethirteen, but didn't care for it, so needing new rubber anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
30mm IW rim. The tire seems to roll well and is very predictable in loose corners. FWIW I'm about 210 lbs and like the wider tires for sandy conditions. I run a 2.6 DHF as well.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The Real World Cycling needle bearing kit I wound up running on my LSP came out to 25.0 mm for the OD width of the thru bushing, or 25.0 mm ID between the flip chips, if that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone run an angled headset on there la sal? Any idea which one would work best? I'm thinking of extending my 2019 la sal 160mm fork to 170mm and would want to slacken the head tube at the same time. I'm not sure which angled headset would work though. Im not familiar with headset standards or what the la sal has.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
10 Posts
What does your guys' 50 Hr maintenance plan look like? I'm coming up on 50 hours and I'm planning on servicing the fork, shock, RWC needle bearing, tubeless fluid, brake bleed, and deep clean. Anything else I should do? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
What does your guys' 50 Hr maintenance plan look like? I'm coming up on 50 hours and I'm planning on servicing the fork, shock, RWC needle bearing, tubeless fluid, brake bleed, and deep clean. Anything else I should do? Thanks
I did the front fork lowers, and regreased the x2 air can.I also cleaned and lubed the headset, and indexed my drivetrain. A quick check for torque on all the pivots and I called it a day. I keep my bike very clean so there was nothing out of the ordinary. I'll probably send my full suspension to fox after this upcoming season.

·
Registered
343 Posts
50 hour maintenance? That’s like once every 6-8 weeks, right (depending on how often and how far you ride)?

I’ve been riding a hard tail since I got back into riding and I’ve never had a full suspension bike.

I’m looking at getting a Fezzari at some point (probably Abajo or Signal). I had no idea they require that much maintenance. I guess I’d better start reading up on how do that stuff myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

341 - 360 of 383 Posts