Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys, im planning to upgrade to Disks soon my my few year old Gary Fisher Big Sur.

Bolth front and back have disk mounts, but they look like older standards. (the rear i think even requires a mount from Gary Fisher, or does another brand make one?)

Im planning on going with Hope Mono Minis or 05 Avid Jucy7's

I just ordered a set of Iso Standard disk wheels, so that takes care of that part.

Any info or help as to what i need and where to get it would be greatly apreachiated :)

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy said:
The fork has normal IS tabs.

You need to get the Trek/Fisher/Klein bolt-on disc mount for the rear. Any Trek/Fisher/Klein dealer can get one.
Thanks!
Wasnt sure about the fork, most the newer forks I have seen latley had a different mount. Good to know though :D

·
Person
775 Posts
I was told Trek is out of those rear disc adaptors, and will not be making any more. I managed to get one from the former Canadian Fisher distributor recently, they still had some kicking around. Try calling some big Trek dealers, someone should have one.

Also, you can get them on ebay, but they are expensive.

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baulz said:
I was told Trek is out of those rear disc adaptors, and will not be making any more. I managed to get one from the former Canadian Fisher distributor recently, they still had some kicking around. Try calling some big Trek dealers, someone should have one.

Also, you can get them on ebay, but they are expensive.
Ahh :/

Is there different kinds of the adapters, maby for different years? if so, is there a way i can tell the exact year my bike was from? Its been a while and i cant rember exactly.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Krause said:
Ahh :/

Is there different kinds of the adapters, maby for different years? if so, is there a way i can tell the exact year my bike was from? Its been a while and i cant rember exactly.
The genuine Trek (et al) mounts are all the same

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 03 trek 8000 and just upgraded to disk brakes. I purchased new wheels and then contacted Trek about the back adapter. I'll paste their reply because it has the part number you are looking for. Check with the dealers, ebay wanted like 50$ for it and my dealer only charged 10$.

Thanks for writing. You will need the adaptor, part number 210648. Please have your trek dealer order the part for you.

Matthew Gutowski
Tech Support
Trek Bicycle Corporation
[email protected]

John

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
murphy0421 said:
I have an 03 trek 8000 and just upgraded to disk brakes. I purchased new wheels and then contacted Trek about the back adapter. I'll paste their reply because it has the part number you are looking for. Check with the dealers, ebay wanted like 50$ for it and my dealer only charged 10$.

Thanks for writing. You will need the adaptor, part number 210648. Please have your trek dealer order the part for you.

Matthew Gutowski
Tech Support
Trek Bicycle Corporation
[email protected]

John
Thanks :D just had my local Schwinn LBS order me the part :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.