Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havnt ridden in a loooong time. My last bike was a kona hahana and was stolen. It was an ok bike, it didnt take me long to warp the rims up. Im older now and think ill be punishing the bike alot more so i dont think a XC bike is for me.Id like to stick with a hard tail. something that will handle the drops but still beable to do some light XC. so here are a few questions:

Dirt jumper or Free ride, what are they whats the difference.
New or Used? higher end older model better than a lower end new model?
theres a 2003 kona stuff in the paper 800obo CDN some upgraded parts (also happens to be a stock one for 850 obo)
Currently im thinking about a 2005 Shred web site says 900$+ tax

I was thinking the shred because i heard great things about the frame and figured i could upgrade as i break parts. Or should i go for the 2005 stab are hydralic breaks and upgraded fork worth the extra 400$ (the only differences id probably notice being a novice)

Im looking for best bang for the buck.
Thanks for any advice you can throw at me

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you want something a little stronger look at the Kona Hoss or Hoss deluxe. They are XC bikes made for heavier people. They have wicked strong frames that can take more abuse. You will be penalized with a slightly heavier bike though. You may want to also check out the Kona Stuff. The geometry of the hoss is better for trail or XC riding though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.