Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there ride a fetish cycles frame. if you do how do you have it setup? i just got one a couple months ago and i have not seen of heard of anyone else having or riding one.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think he is referring to an mtbr member whose name is "Alloy Nipples" and that this person has a Fetish bike.

Post some pics of your bike man. I am thinking about picking up a SS frame from them.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics

how the hell do you do this on here? it's totally different from anything i've had to use before. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fetish Cycles..

I've got 2 of the Discipline hardtail frames, I bought one off of eBay, and I was happy enough with it to buy a second to build up as a loaner bike. I've definately been happy with them, I also ended up picking up one of their dirt jumping frames, I think they are tagged as "Obsession" now, and it's a great little park bike.. All told I generally only spent about $100-125/shipped for each frame, and they've been great. When they first were listing them(when I got the first), they were going for $69.99 as an opening bid, and even with $30 shipping it was still under $100..

I picked up a few deraileur hangers to have around in case, but as of yet havn't needed one.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deraileur hanger

Density524 said:
I've got 2 of the Discipline hardtail frames, I bought one off of eBay, and I was happy enough with it to buy a second to build up as a loaner bike. I've definately been happy with them, I also ended up picking up one of their dirt jumping frames, I think they are tagged as "Obsession" now, and it's a great little park bike.. All told I generally only spent about $100-125/shipped for each frame, and they've been great. When they first were listing them(when I got the first), they were going for $69.99 as an opening bid, and even with $30 shipping it was still under $100..

I picked up a few deraileur hangers to have around in case, but as of yet havn't needed one.
i bent mine on the second ride and can't for the life of me get a new one. i've called fetish and i've emailed them and the only responce i got took like 3 weeks and they said they were out but they would let me know when they had more. i have yet to hear back from them. i love the frame but what a $hit company, i must say they do a great job backing there product, NOT. how do you have your fetishs setup? i've only seen a couple and none were all that trick. mine will be a 24 pound xc rig when it's compete, it's around 26 now.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
My new Fetish ss will be ready in a couple of weeks. Yeti handle bar and seatpost, Truvative ss crankset, Spot hubs laced to xm819's, Avid Juicys. A surly rigid front fork, Selle Italia saddle, truvative stem. The remaining parts are a suprise to me as I told the LBS to make the choice of rear cog/freewheel and chain tensioner. The bottom bracket will be what ever he has in stock. I'll post pics when it arrives.

This bike will be my winter ride. Low maintenace and no shock to worry about, should be fun.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trust

minkhiller said:
My new Fetish ss will be ready in a couple of weeks. Yeti handle bar and seatpost, Truvative ss crankset, Spot hubs laced to xm819's, Avid Juicys. A surly rigid front fork, Selle Italia saddle, truvative stem. The remaining parts are a suprise to me as I told the LBS to make the choice of rear cog/freewheel and chain tensioner. The bottom bracket will be what ever he has in stock. I'll post pics when it arrives.

This bike will be my winter ride. Low maintenace and no shock to worry about, should be fun.
what a brave soul to trust your lbs. i do all my own work, if i can't do it i learn how.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
dansjustchillin said:
what a brave soul to trust your lbs. i do all my own work, if i can't do it i learn how.
You have had a problem with my LBS, I seriously doubt that.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
depends

minkhiller said:
You have had a problem with my LBS, I seriously doubt that.
that all depends on what your lbs is. personally i don't trust any of them. everyone i've ever been to would not think twice about getting every penny from me. there are plenty of shops around here that are owned by people with no intrest in bikes, but then again that's not what this thread is about now is it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
dansjustchillin said:
that all depends on what your lbs is. personally i don't trust any of them. everyone i've ever been to would not think twice about getting every penny from me. there are plenty of shops around here that are owned by people with no intrest in bikes, but then again that's not what this thread is about now is it.
You brought up the issue of trusting MY lbs now didn't you.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Just to show you that I won't let you generalize all LBS's as the same. Maybe you don't have any reputable shop's, or so you think in Hayward, CA, or maybe it's your 19 year old attitude. What ever it maybe the shops are not all them same.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
minkhiller said:
Just to show you that I won't let you generalize all LBS's as the same. Maybe you don't have any reputable shop's, or so you think in Hayward, CA, or maybe it's your 19 year old attitude. What ever it maybe the shops are not all them same.
you know i don't have a problem telling anyone that hayward is infact a **** place to be but i thank you not to judge a person you know nothing about. i thought i made it clear that my opinion was based on what's around here which would imply that i could be wrong about your lbs, maybe they hook you up i don't know but you had to go to far and make it personal. i am not your average 19 year old so don't talk to me like i am.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
dansjustchillin said:
how is their ss frame? the one i saw was basically a discipline with ss dropouts.
Mine is a Discipline with vertical dropouts that will have a chain tensioner on the hanger.

·
Retrograde Customs
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i thought about that

minkhiller said:
Mine is a Discipline with vertical dropouts that will have a chain tensioner on the hanger.
i was thinking about doing that for a while or using a 12-24 road cassette with a single chainring up front. it ended up with a 12-32 and 44/32/22. i'll post the link to it on light-bikes.com when the pic comes up.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts