Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a fetish cycles fixation single speed with a rear derailluer hanger for a good deal. I was looking at azonic steelheads due to their strength and price. I was wondering if I would be pushing it by running 150mm on the fixation, I don't want to stress it and have the head tube break on me eventually. If it will be too much I'll get a travel change kit. It is a DJ 2, I would like to use it since it has a 20mm thru axel. I also have a manitou black with 90-120mm with QR skewer, what kind of abuse could that take, drops, jumps? How strong are those QR skewers? I'd like this ride to be pretty burley. Thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
fetish

I got one of these frames a while back.Hard to beat for 150 bucks.I got everything BUT the fork to finish it.I do remember the Fetish people saying that the geometry(sp?)is for a 100mm fork.I'm looking for the best cheapest 100mm fork with break posts so I can use the Magura's I got.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

I am curious about the strength of this frame. I would like to run a 150mm for a bit then change the travel to 110mm I just want to make sure this frame is strong enough to handle abuse with a larger fork up front. They say for geometry around 100mm but strength wise I wonder what is possible. I don't want to put a DC on or anything, just a DJ2 from my big hit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts