Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my fork back to fetish because my disc rotors bolts don't clear the dropout, and the rotor has nearly zero clearence next to the fork leg. This is with Avid rotors on a White M16 front hub. What kind of clearence do other folks have? I'm fairly sure this is a fluke, but the guys on the phone seemed to think it was my bolt choice. How that affects rotor clearance I have no idea.:rolleyes:

Pics would be awesome if they are out there.

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
I haven't run a disc. on mine, but this sounds like the problem that the White Bros. BW forks had a few years ago. I think the problem was limited to big rotors and King Disc hubs; though I've got a 203mm front rotor and King Disc hub on my Strong. What size front disc are you running?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Dealing with Fetish??

Not to hijack this post, but....
How was it dealing with Fetish?
I have a cracked D&S frame. I have called and they have told me once the new frames come in (late January) they will look at mine and replace it.
Their website speaks highly of their commitment to customer service, but I am curious if they will walk the talk.

Are they exchanging your fork???

Thanks!

I just might end up getting their 29er frame if they honor their warranty. It depends how it looks and its geo.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Button-head rotor bolts

I'm using Hope Mono-mini's with the WB Rock Solid [one of the clones of your Fetish fork]. Try using button-head rotor bolts. I've had no clearance problems with AM classic or Hugi front hubs using the Hope or Magura rotor bolts. FYI - it's the same situation with the Pace forks too. Good luck.

·
GoCyco
359 Posts
WB TA with 6" Marta and Kings

I have an issue where I need 5mm spacers to move my caliper inboard with the WB TA fork. I have a bunch of washers in there now but I like to get two 5mm spacers instead. I can't seem to find the spacers anywhere. Anybody know where to get them?
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using button heads, and am using a 160 Avid rotor (both stock with stock with my older BB's).

To be honst, I'm not sure how my experience has been yet. They were great when I met the guys, but I was not feeling confident talking to the dud on the phone today. He was supposed to call me back, but....

I'll post here either way, I certainly want to support a company with good CS, but haven't put it to the test in full yet.

Just to be clear, whats "situation with the Pace forks too"?

Here is a pick of the bolts. Pic isn;t super clear, but the bolt is actually hittig behind the drop out as it won't fit through on its own.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Clarification, I hope

Mr.E said:
IJust to be clear, whats "situation with the Pace forks too"?
To clarify, the Pace forks have tight clearances @ the rotor bolts and dropouts too, and require the buttonhead rotor bolts. I mentioned that I am using AM Classic and Hugi hubs without a problem. Apparently, the Fetish/Black Op's/WB Rock Solid/God Know Who Else's fork doesn't play well with other front hubs like yours [bummer] and the Pauls. Hope you can get it worked out to your satisfaction. Again, good luck

·
What day are we riding?
1,088 Posts
Jfmctt said:
With a paul disk hub, avid rotor and stock bolts that came with the juicy 5s I dont have much more than the thickness of a sheet of paper.
Wow! I don't remember the bolts on my Pace being that close. This makes me want to run home and look.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Phil Woods?

Anyone used this fork with Phil Wood hubs? I just ordered one of these forks after reading good reviews, and I hope I won't have this problem. This is the first I've heard of it, and I probably would have gone with the Pace if I had known. There's no excuse for such a design flaw in this day and age! :madmax:

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
My Pace RC29 and Ac wheels fit fine with Avid 160 rotor. Currently running Avid Ultimates on it. About 2-3mm of space. Other combos I've used with a Pace fork ... RC29+ Avid 160 +Avid BB7 = no problem with King ISo front hub, Cane Creek disc wheels, DT240s front hub, Shimano XT Disc front hub.

And with the Pace RC31 (26" version) I ran M960 XTR calipers, BB7, and Hayes HFX+ with King, XT, Mavic, and others without issues.

Attached is a photo of current set up with Pace RC29, American Classic Wheel, Avid 160mm Rotor, Ultimate Caliper and 2-3mm of clearance.

I've never had issues with the pace fork with clearance.

Hope this helps
FF

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry Fetish

Sad to hear about the state of your return phone call.

If your having trouble with your fork, leaves me with very little hope for my cracked frame. They asked me to call at the end of January. This week, but I'm not holding my breath.

It seems all the mumbo-jumbo they write on their homepage is just that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, 100% customer satisfaction indeed. I sent another email (my 5th) to try and keep it all in writing and documented. What bums me out was that I spoke with the guys in person at length before buying the fork, and now feel dropped when they got my money. To bad, I like to repeat buy from folks that support their product. I'll put in m 3rd phone call today...

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Mr.E said:
Yup, 100% customer satisfaction indeed. I sent another email (my 5th) to try and keep it all in writing and documented. What bums me out was that I spoke with the guys in person at length before buying the fork, and now feel dropped when they got my money. To bad, I like to repeat buy from folks that support their product. I'll put in m 3rd phone call today...
The only direct contact I ever managed with these guys was when I caught them on the phone. I never got a phone call or e-mail returned. I do have to say the fork rides unbelievably nice on the ti. SS though.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Email ???

When I spoke to the guy on the phone, he basically stated the email guy did not keep up with the emails.

He seemed pleasant, but talk is cheap. They tell me to call back at the end of January, right around the corner, to see if they have gotten the new frames. I'll be calling again. They have answered the phone everytime I have called.

I am just not too confident how up front they will be about replacing my frame. Everybody who saw my frame crack could not believe it happened. THe trail I ride and my riding style are very XC. None of that jumping stuff. A few people said something like, you cracked that here?

I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I called Monday and was told Steve had just gotten back into town and would call me Tue. I waited till Wen., called, and was told Steve had just gotten back in town and would call me Thursday.:nono:

I don't mind delays, but I really don't appreciate being lied to.:madmax:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.