Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a great flaming (on me ) topic. Yesterday I went on a group ride. My 1,000th
to say the least. Why are female riders always 1) in great condition and blow
my a$$ away or they are 2) so damn slow (overweight too) everyone has to wait for them to catch up.

I have never been on a group ride where there is a medium paced rider or slow
medium paced female rider like me. However there are tons of guys who are medium pace/slow medium paced. Please discuss.

·
Who's riding today?
1,434 Posts
When in bike mode, I really couldn't care if the riders in the group have "innies or outies", not there for breeding or the horizontal tango. I have ridden with all types of fast, slow, skilled and unskilled riders. Can't say there is a "sexual propensity" toward being a ringer or slowest one in the group.

So.... just ride and ponder other worldly thoughts.

·
GONE
27,166 Posts
Here's a great flaming (on me ) topic. Yesterday I went on a group ride. My 1,000th
to say the least. Why are female riders always 1) in great condition and blow
my a$$ away or they are 2) so damn slow (overweight too) everyone has to wait for them to catch up.

I have never been on a group ride where there is a medium paced rider or slow
medium paced female rider like me. However there are tons of guys who are medium pace/slow medium paced. Please discuss.
No two people/riders are exactly alike regardless of their sex. You are always gonna be faster than some and slower than others.

A rider may have someone keeping up with them or slowing down with them in order to stay along. That's all there is. NOBODY rides naturally at exactly the same pace as anyone else.

Don't compare yourself to other riders. It's all about you when you're in the saddle. If it's a "social thing" and you are bothered by keeping up or staying ahead of others, I suggest that you ride alone only and try another form of social activity that is not physically demanding.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,885 Posts
FatCat what does your wife think off this thought process? The in shape hot woman are way ahead of you and the ones you are not interested in are behind you. Sounds like you need to get your priorities sraight while on the trail and ride without concern for how the opposite sex is doing around you.:eek:

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew this was going to go that way and to a degree group rides are social, but not all the time.
Most of the riders are married and to be frank, the discussion range from cars to dog food. I just noticed after riding since 1987, that there are really fit riders and slow riders and unfortunately males dominant the sport.

·
GONE
27,166 Posts
I knew this was going to go that way and to a degree group rides are social, but not all the time.
Most of the riders are married and to be frank, the discussion range from cars to dog food. I just noticed after riding since 1987, that there are really fit riders and slow riders and unfortunately males dominant the sport.
So this is your point of view???

Who cares what sex is of a fellow mtn biker or what their skill/endurance level is???. A fellow mtn biker should be looked at simply as someone who also enjoys the activity.

It doesn't have to be a "race to the top". If you look at it like that, you'll be setting yourself up for a disappointment, not a pleasure.

Don't worry, be happy! :)

Just go ride...

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am happy, thanks. I just like to throw wrenches into bike sites to see what happens. This observation has been stewing in my mind for 10 years. Thankfully this site isn't as mod dominated as some of the others who control almost every faucet of topics in a Gaddafi-like way. God Bless MTBR.

·
GONE
27,166 Posts
I am happy, thanks. I just like to throw wrenches into bike sites to see what happens. This observation has been stewing in my mind for 10 years. Thankfully this site isn't as mod dominated as some of the others who control almost every faucet of topics in a Gaddafi-like way. God Bless MTBR.
Your reply reminds me of someone I know very well. Trying to remember who it is...ummmm. oh, yeah!!!

ME!!!

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahah funny Ambass. But the fact still remains that this site is pretty open minded about topics, some which have nothing to do with biking. And I am so open minded I don't mind getting flamed. Big deal.
Is getting flamed on the internet going to give me cancer? It might make some babies cry on lesser websites. :)

·
GONE
27,166 Posts
Hahah funny Ambass. But the fact still remains that this site is pretty open minded about topics, some which have nothing to do with biking. And I am so open minded I don't mind getting flamed. Big deal.
Is getting flamed on the internet going to give me cancer? It might make some babies cry on lesser websites. :)
Fully agreed upon.

If you're gonna start a fire, keep it in mind that you are part of the fuel and therefore, subject to get burned...

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
That sounds an awful lot like a troll????? :skep:

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hot, meaning good riders that are fast and excel, cold meaning slow, beginners, etc. LOL use your mind not your dik:nono:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.