Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
me like it, exciting bike. looking into getting a new trail bike and decree will be on my list probably. would be nice to be able to do a shootout between decree, new SC 5010 v2 and SB5c.

as for decree I was personally disappointed they did not push it just that little bit further in some aspects. I would love to see just a tiny bit shorter chain stays, probably a boosted rear spacing and maybe a little slacker head angle since you have those flip chips and can always alter it. nevertheless the biggest question for me is still that pivot less rear end and the overall performance of the suspension.
as always, you need to try it on your own.

here is one not so over-excited report from launch event on Garda:
Felt Decree FRD review - BikeRadar

anyone had a chance to ride it already?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious about this bike too or more specifically the decree 3. I've seen these bikes get a lot of hate on some other forums and was curious if that's from bad experiences or if people just don't like felt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
picked up a decree 1 recently and I have to say - super impressed with it so far. The front is a little light climbing steep stuff- though I have the rear triangle in a relaxed angle which would explain it.

Also had the bars swept back- I rolled them up a touch and will see how they compare with a little more forward riding position. Should make descents easier as well.

The XL frame and package weighs in at 26.12lb with crankbro candy3 pedals and tubless setup.

Still tweaking suspension but I'm pretty happy. It feels very much like a high end road bike, just as stiff and light, but with suspension. bike.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
basically no small bump compliance through the shock, only through the rear triangle (like a road bike).

Thats also why its lighter than it has less pivot points...

For 6-10k, it feels like a lesser suspension system and artificial weight savings, cost less to produce and assemble, and potentially a premature wear of the rear triangle.

Otherwise looks awesome - just unconvinced by the suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts