Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ride a 04 fsr xc pro disc with a fox float rl and would like to increase my rear shock travel.
i heard that betd has a link that fits the 01/02/03 fsr xc and increases the travel up to 120 mm. as far as i know my frame is identiacl to the 03 sj fsr xc (apart from the material) and i know for sure that my rear shocks length is the same as in the 01/02/03 fsr xc bikes.
does this mean that i can use the betd link on my bike? what do you think?
i e-mailed betd but didnt get any response yet and would love to hear what you think.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very nice. did you order ?

I ride the FSR xc too (02 fsr xc).

It'll be great if you tell us if it actualy fits and how it works.

TNX

G

·
I have a 2001 FSR XC with the BETD Link

and really like it. I'm not sure about the 2004, but I'd call BETD and talk to them if you don't get a reply by email. I've purchased several items from them and have always gotten good advice from them over the phone.

The link itself is really well made and looks great on the bike. I bought it to match the 100mm of travel up front that I got when I replaced my 80mm fork with a 100mm Fox Vanilla. I also put in some BETD stainless steel main pivot bearings to replace the OEM CrMo bearings that were shot after two wet UK seasons.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
I have an 03 Rockhopper FSR XC and asked BETD if the link would fit on my bike. They said Specialized doesn't distribute the R.Hopper in the UK, so I would have to email them photos of the linkage to see if it is similar to their FSR XC.

Anyone have any idea if an American Rockhopper FSR XC is the same as the Uk's FSR XC? Or is the UK's like our Stumpjumper?

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
mattsavage said:
I have an 03 Rockhopper FSR XC and asked BETD if the link would fit on my bike. They said Specialized doesn't distribute the R.Hopper in the UK, so I would have to email them photos of the linkage to see if it is similar to their FSR XC.

Anyone have any idea if an American Rockhopper FSR XC is the same as the Uk's FSR XC? Or is the UK's like our Stumpjumper?
IIRC, your '03 Rockhopper should have the shock link that allows you to change between 75mm and 90mm of travel. If it does, then it should be the same as the '01-04' FSR XC.

The '01 & '02 Rockhopper bikes used the pre-'01 FSR XC link that did not allow for changing the travel.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
On a related note, I have the '02 M4 that has the 6.0x1.25 shock, I was playing around and a 6.5x1.5" shock fits (Well, the Vanilla coil-over only fit in the 75mm hole, the coil hit the linkage in the 90mm hole), it has the impact of raising the BB a little, steepening the head angle and increasing the travel (should be to 90mm/108mm)

G

·
I believe that up until 2004 the only FSR XC available

mattsavage said:

in the UK was the Stumpjumper FSR XC which was the same as the US version. For some reason the 2003 wasn't imported into the UK; perhaps they were emphasizing the Epic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is by far the best upgrade i ever did

TM1 said:
I ride the FSR xc too (02 fsr xc).

It'll be great if you tell us if it actualy fits and how it works.

TNX
i am pleased to tell you that the link fits my bike perfectly and that it has transformed my bike into a bump eating machine. if you enjoy riding technical trails this should be your next upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts