Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ranks up there with lamest injury evar for me. I landed a small piddly jump with my front wheel turned a bit sideways, bike turned right but my body went straight. I tried to stay with it and flipped hard on my lower back. Two weeks later my lower back feels tight and I have a throbbing discomfort. I can't sit comfortably, especially in a car, and all sorts of movements seem to aggravate it (it doesnt help I'm moving and have to shift boxes and stuff around). If I do 20 minutes of yoga I feel a lot better for a few hours. Poking around my spine with my finger there isn't any one point that hurts a lot.

I took some hard falls to the ice playing hockey in my 20s, but they were usually on one side and muscle soreness went away after a couple weeks. But I'm closer to 40 now and this one is on both sides...

Grr, do I just keep stretching and icing it or what?

EDIT: I did a hike on Sunday and I dont think that helped at all. I did some BMX riding a few days before that, but I took my time warming up and didn't do anything crazy. Actually felt better after it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If I was still having problems just a week later, I'd be visiting the doc. You could have a fractured vertebrae and not even know it until it cracks completely through and damages your nerves.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a walk in clinic to be cautious. With no abnormalities in the reflex test or numbness/tingling, no pain in the spine, in an otherwise healthy adult, they just assume muscle issues that keep getting re-aggravated. I was prescribed 800mg ibuprofen daily for 5 days to try and get the inflammation down-- and-- the worst part-- no biking.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a follow up by I'd say I was 60% better after 3 days. The next two days, maybe 80%. I tried moving some heavy stuff again a couple days later and back was not so happy the next day. Well, I figure in a week or two I should be mostly back in business.

·
Registered
628 Posts
something similar happened to me, flew into a rock garden at high speeds, twice. first big boulder put me into a spin, then i spun and landed 4-5' away onto a solid rock lol.

lower right of my back was sore for like 2-3 weeks. just bending over to fall back on the toilet hurt. couldnt sit comfortably anywhere. couldnt squat or deadlift or even do a big valsva movement(big belly breathe) but eventually it went away after 3-4 weeks. i had no bruising or any marks on my skin, not even a skin rash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.