Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering building a FS bike for my wife, she currently rides a Giant LIV Emtb, but i would like her to also have acess to a analogue. I see the Chinese CF frames on Ebay. I have seen some people using the emtb ones with good luck but I have not seen anything on the analogue ones. She is very short at 5 foot so finding a used bike is tough and I do not want to end up spending 4k on a bike she will not ride much , plus I love a project. So just looking for some feedback from anyone that has used one

·
Older than I feel
1,907 Posts
Check out the Chinertown dot com forums.

In my (very) limited experience shopping for such things, I would not expect to find many frames in extra small sizes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have ordered one on Aliexpress, for a friend (who will build it up afterwards) - link
He was looking for a CF XC-ish frame with 2x chainring possibility (so pretty much 99% of new frames are out of scope with single-chainring only). This was the only one I found there (well there was another one, but very ugly). The frame itself is VERY short (compared to even conservative frames nowadays, not even talking about the progressive ones, the XL size has reach of 445mm, whereas my Epic Evo L has 460mm reach... their smallest frame has 387mm reach), so it might suit your wife. I can let you know what the quality is, but still waiting for the shipment...

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Google trifox bike review in youtube. There is a full review of the pros and cons. Ultimately the reviewer said you need to know what you are getting and how much you paid. Keep your expectations in check and you will be ok. The attention to detail weren’t top notch and to source your own part to remedy short comings is not impossible, but well worth paying the factory name brand company to do instead of sourcing yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the answers, I ended up pivoting. She currently rides a giant Liv Emtb, and i was wanting the non electric for some rides. End result I found a brand new XS Liv embolden, non electric, so basically the same bike jst non electric and the price is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.