Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SALLGUD
Joined
·
449 Posts
Total turnaround?

I'm sending the rear Fox Vanilla (off my wife's Kokopelli) to Push Ind. pretty darn soon. Basic rebuild since hers is making squish sounds when I press down quickly on the seat. Still holds pressure and still seems to work pretty well but...

I am just trying to time it so it falls during a nasty winter week. What was your total turnaround time? I plan on sending it out FedEx OverNite just as soon a the forecasters speak of sub 35 temps!

Thanks,
Michael
 

·
LBS Manager
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty fast

They recived my fork on last Thur and I got it back today. I sent it to them the slowest cheapest way posible because I am burried under snow (I hate Canada sometimes) and total turn around for me was 2.5 weeks.
 

·
Alright, let's ride!
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
:) I just got my fork back from push and they sent it Fed x. I must say they are much better than UPS it was fast and none of BS brokerage fees that UPS charges.
Don't get your hopes up on the fees. I sent a package via fedex to a guy in canada a month or so ago. Two weeks after he received the package he received a bill from Fed Ex for the fees.
 

·
Life is Good
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
I've always had good service and speed from FedEx with the exception of just this past week. I ordered a snowboard, which was ground delivered by FedEx very quickly. However, it was delivered to a house three blocks away (though the address on the box was my address, they mixed up 1605 with 1909). We called FedEx and told them the problem and they said they would call the driver to see if he knew where he left it and they would call us back as soon as they located my package. They never did call back.

Luckily, the door it was delivered to was actually the neighbor of my cousin. She recognized my last name and my cousin called me about the package and I then went and picked it up myself. Lucky break there, but FedEx let me down this time.

It's more of the drivers fault, but they could've at least called back...
 

·
LBS Manager
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got my bill today

Fed X is by far the most expensive rip off company to bring something into Canada that I have ever seen. Their customer service sucks and I will never use them again. I retract my earlier statment praising them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
Fed X is by far the most expensive rip off company to bring something into Canada that I have ever seen. Their customer service sucks and I will never use them again. I retract my earlier statment praising them.
Oh no! :eek: I knew it as soon as I saw the title. I wish I had seen this earlier, John - I would have given you the warning about the bill coming in the mail and to make sure PUSH sent it back via USPS. Sorry man. :(

Make it a hard and fast rule, bud. USPS, or don't do it at all. I've found a number of toy's in the U.S. and the only thing stopping me was the shipping method (read: Fed Ex or UPS).

Be thankful you didn't send a wheel!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
LBS Manager
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They don't use USPS

They have a contract with FED X last year it was UPS and they were no better. These companies are like our federal government in Canada criminals that get off on ripping us off. I have no complaint about Push they were fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,014 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
They have a contract with FED X last year it was UPS and they were no better. These companies are like our federal government in Canada criminals that get off on ripping us off. I have no complaint about Push they were fine.
Yeah, you're right. I don't contest that one bit. (shrug)

So, when are we moving to the U.S.? :p :D

I'd suggest Mexico, but according to Warp it's just as bad down there as up here when importing is concerned.

(scratches head) Have you talked with the folks at PUSH about this (nicely)? (again, shrug) You never know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Two things:
I always use DHL. Fast and cheap but don't expect much from customer service. Also pack up the item you are sending extremely well.
Ex. $8.52 to send a 24# Laser Fax from NC to NJ

As far a PUSH goes, I have a Fox Triad. Currently it is blown and needs to be returned for warranty replacement. If I were to get it PUSH'ed and something like this happened again, who would cover it or would I just be completely screwed?
 

·
NormalNorm
Joined
·
935 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
:) I just got my fork back from push and they sent it Fed x. I must say they are much better than UPS it was fast and none of BS brokerage fees that UPS charges.
Yeah, Johnny UPS in ontario is the worst. I bought some batteries online for $24US and they charged me $20Can. for brokerage fees. I boycot anything UPS shipping. I also had smooth shipping with Push and no brokerage fees.
 

·
LBS Manager
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two things

Lumbee1 said:
Two things:
I always use DHL. Fast and cheap but don't expect much from customer service. Also pack up the item you are sending extremely well.
Ex. $8.52 to send a 24# Laser Fax from NC to NJ

As far a PUSH goes, I have a Fox Triad. Currently it is blown and needs to be returned for warranty replacement. If I were to get it PUSH'ed and something like this happened again, who would cover it or would I just be completely screwed?
If you get it pushed and it blows up (unlikly) they will take of you. When they push a shock they normaly have to remove the lock out but with a triad that might be diferent. Their service to me has always been good I would recomend them.
 

·
LBS Manager
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I did

AndrewTO said:
Yeah, you're right. I don't contest that one bit. (shrug)

So, when are we moving to the U.S.? :p :D

I'd suggest Mexico, but according to Warp it's just as bad down there as up here when importing is concerned.

(scratches head) Have you talked with the folks at PUSH about this (nicely)? (again, shrug) You never know.
The guys at Push informed me that Fed X screwed this up (no surprise there) and I shouldn't have got that bill and they are going to call them and get it sorted out. So again Push good, Fed X UPS and all the rest bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
They have a contract with FED X last year it was UPS and they were no better. These companies are like our federal government in Canada criminals that get off on ripping us off. I have no complaint about Push they were fine.
I am not too keen on UPS, FedEx or USPS but why do you think the companies are sticking it to you over and above the basic shipping costs?

As a U.S. citizen who doesn't as a rule have to deal with foriegn import/export in my private life it may be a stupid question but isn't this more about your government import/export requirements and basically yet another tax?

At a couple places I've worked we have had to deal with this quite a bit with parts coming in from other countries and especially when we are shipping a kit overseas but it seems 90+% of the issues are dealing with the other country even when we can deliver it to their employees here in the states for transport on their company aircraft to their company facilities outside the country. ('How much is this bolt worth?' '$1.00' 'You must pay $.50 import duty!')
 

·
3.14159265358979323846…
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
The guys at Push informed me that Fed X screwed this up (no surprise there) and I shouldn't have got that bill and they are going to call them and get it sorted out. So again Push good, Fed X UPS and all the rest bad.
I may be wrong here, but thanks to NAFTA, Push just needs to put "made in the USA" on the shipping invoice and it should cross the border duty-free. The part was "significantly modified in the USA". If Cannondale can get away with it....

My girly works for a customs lawyer. She's just an encyclopedia of customs law.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top