Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a Feb trip to Sedona from the Grand Junction area, need help in finding good camping spot next to some trails, all help appreciated!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there's much camping ajacent to the trails. However you could camp at Deadhorse Ranch state park, a short drive away. They have facilities which could be nice after a ride. I think the camping by Oak Creek will be closed that time of year.

·
rock crusher
257 Posts
Manzanita campground is open year round, it is the closest USFS campground to Sedona. But, it will be cold (in the canyon), and not recommended for Feb. There is also some primitive camping just south of town across from the water treatment plant on 89A (can never remember the FR #). That being said, Dead Horse Ranch is definitely the way to go if you plan on camping. It is a 15 min drive up to Sedona, probably 3-4 degrees warmer (expect 30's at night), and the camping is spendy ($15 per car per night as I recall). But the showers, and the trails from the campground are worth it. There are some threads on the "Thumper Loop." floating around. It is fairly short in length, but worth a look, esp. if you camp at the Horse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.