Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.gainesvillecycling.com/calendar.php?view=event&calEid=245
The plan is to do the Epic, all the reds at Santos, and the new blue trails out past 200. I'm not sure on total mileage, but my guess is close to 55. We will leave from the Landbridge trail at 8:30, ride west, then ride back to the LB for lunch/break/resupply, then out to Santos, shred the gnar, then hammerfest back to LB.

There is also an option to cut the mileage nearly in half. Just ride until we get back to the LB and you'll get a good 30 miles in.

8:30

Landbridge

55? Miles

Bring hammers

Who's down?

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels a lot longer on single track;)

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
On your left!!!!!
330 Posts
orion_134 said:
The plan is to do the Epic, all the reds at Santos, and the new blue trails out past 200. I'm not sure on total mileage, but my guess is close to 55. We will leave from the Landbridge trail at 8:30, ride west, then ride back to the LB for lunch/break/resupply, then out to Santos, shred the gnar, then hammerfest back to LB.

There is also an option to cut the mileage nearly in half. Just ride until we get back to the LB and you'll get a good 30 miles in.

8:30

Landbridge

55? Miles

Bring hammers

Who's down?
That is a great loop. Can't make it on the 12 but I had a great time riding these trails for the first time back in Oct. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/55077235

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be a rolling pedal party.

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like there may be a couple riding the first half, and another couple riding the second half.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We were out there recently and the section of the epic just after the landbridge is closed (all the trees were plowed down). We took the limestone road, but I'm not sure it there is an alternate route. Just a heads up.

EDIT: BTW, does anyone have the full trail map for the new section passed 484. I think we did most of it, but ended up near (or on) a hiking trial off one of the yellows.

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is already accounted for. They are taking out nonnative plants and replacing with native species.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My plans changed a little. There is a very good possiblility that I will be there. I just hope I dont slow you guys down. I can do the mileage, but I'm not that fast.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh and this ride sounds exactly like the metric century ride they had at the Ride of the Living Dead back in October. They were advertising that at 62 miles.

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we won't be that fast

·
Registered
406 Posts
What kind of car are you driving, or bike that you ride so I know who to look for? You can PM me if you dont want to post it here. I'll be in a gray Grand Am with a roof rack and a white Reign. And yes, I will be the guy in a skater helmet.

·
Man up
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anthem1= scott?
We'll be the only ones there. I'll be in the blue ranger.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts