Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BigHit8989 of MSDHW.com has offered to take me on a loop in Lime Ridge. I haven't been there in a very long time and I'm interested in seeing what there is to ride there.

If it's not long enough, we can continue into Shell Ridge and do some more mileage.

Anyone interested in joining us?

I'm not sure of start time or location yet - will give more deets when I have them.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I recommend the Weirwolves 2.1 for riding across lawns. Of course try to steer around swimming pools and hot tubs. Slicks are better for decks and patios.

Do I have the location right?

Let me know when you have the info.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EBrider said:
I recommend the Weirwolves 2.1 for riding across lawns. Of course try to steer around swimming pools and hot tubs. Slicks are better for decks and patios.

Do I have the location right?

Let me know when you have the info.
How did you know I had a set of weirwolf 2.1s?

Start time is 11am at the Boundary Oaks parking lot. I've been told to expect 3-4 hours of riding.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Dan'ger said:
How did you know I had a set of weirwolf 2.1s?

Start time is 11am at the Boundary Oaks parking lot. I've been told to expect 3-4 hours of riding.
Having some work done on the house so it would be good to stay local. I'll have to see how my schedule works out.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Sorry guys and gals, if the sun doesn't come out and shine with 90 degree temps within the next few minutes and stay all through tomorrow, Saturday's ride will be off.
Any interest in a Mt. Diablo death march instead?

I'm currently sitting at JFK airport drinking Lagunitas IPA on tap, so that is assuming I don't get drunk and miss my flight.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
EBrider said:
Any interest in a Mt. Diablo death march instead?

I'm currently sitting at JFK airport drinking Lagunitas IPA on tap, so that is assuming I don't get drunk and miss my flight.
Sunday looks clear. Start from MC?

EDIT: OR NOT!

This time, the weatherman was right.

The subtropical storm expected to sweep through Northern California this week is doing just that, bringing with it mild temperatures, wet weather and light winds to the Bay Area and Lake Tahoe region.

"Today, it's looking cloudy, some light rain -- drizzles and sprinkles -- until about commute time. Then when you get in the car and start going home, it's going to start getting heavier," said Steve Anderson, a forecaster from the National Weather Service's Monterey office, which covers the Bay Area.

Alex Hoon, a forecaster for the agency's Reno area office, said the same scene is expected to play out around Lake Tahoe, albeit with cooler air and a bit of snow. Temperatures are expected to hover in the 60s and 50s today and overnight in the Bay Area, while the Tahoe area will see the 30s and 40s.

"There are showers this morning and they will be more widespread this afternoon," Hoon said. "It will snow above 6,500 feet, and down at the lake level, they will see some rain, maybe some rain and snow mixed."

Skiers -- who have been foiled by meager snow packs this year -- shouldn't celebrate just yet, however. Hoon said that while resorts may get an inch or two at lower elevations today, overnight, the snow level will come up.

"This is a very warm storm, which is bringing snow levels up to 7,000 feet or even higher than that, which basically means you will get a lot of rain on top of the snow you already have," he said. "Above 7,000 feet you'll get some good snow, and you can ski the higher elevations, but the bottom will be pretty wet."

In the Bay Area, it will also be wet. The region is expected to get about a half-inch to an inch overnight, with the North Bay receiving a bigger pounding and about twice as much rain. The Santa Cruz and San Mateo mountains, meanwhile, should also see at least an inch of rain by tomorrow, Anderson said.

"There won't be a lot of change between the highs and lows, and we don't expect any strong winds with the system tonight," he said. "Tomorrow, it will be a little stronger -- maybe 15 to 20 mph (gusts), but nothing that hazardous. It will be raining on and off through Sunday."

The heaviest part of the system will hit the Bay Area and Lake Tahoe Saturday, the meteorologists said.

"It's a pineapple connection, a lot of moisture from in and around Hawaii, and even further west than Hawaii," Hoon said.

Interstate 80 remains open without chain controls, he said, but Highway 88 between Jackson and Carson City, as well as State Route 89 between Truckee and Quincy, require chains.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.