Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New York Firefighter, Matthew Long, was hit by a bus while riding his bike to work. He has been injured critically. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

full story here:

FDNY cyclist injured

thanks,
terry

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I think I heard about this, that the driver was issued a summons for an "improper right turn" or something?

Figures. Had it been a biker hitting a pedestrian, imagine the uproar.

Either way, I'm hoping for the best. The strike accomplished nothing and now a firefighter has to spend the holidays in critical condition :x

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know him personally. Saw the story on firehouse.com and thought, as a fellow firefighter and cyclist, it would be proper to post it here for more cyclists. The power of positive thought (dare I say prayer) may do him some good! I have some friends on FDNY and am hoping to contact them, first of the week, to get an update from his co'workers.

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Let us know how it goes

fireboy said:
The power of positive thought (dare I say prayer) may do him some good! I have some friends on FDNY and am hoping to contact them, first of the week, to get an update from his co'workers.
Let us know what you find out. And as long as we have freedom of religion, then yes, you may dare.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
small world

In the car with my parents yesterday, my mother says that she called her former landlady for the holidays. Mom just moved out of the apartment a few weeks ago.

She said that the landlady wasn't in very good spirits, as her daughter's husband's brother is in the hospital after getting hit on his bike. Sure enough, it's the same firefighter.

So he's now getting the added benefit of prayers from my mother.

·
Look out!
862 Posts
fireboy said:
New York Firefighter, Matthew Long, was hit by a bus while riding his bike to work. He has been injured critically. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

full story here:

FDNY cyclist injured

thanks,
terry
Thanks for the heads up, I will pass the word to the rest of my department. I will keep him in my prayers.

Mark
Boise FD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.