Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos my friend took of me on our turkey day group ride. Just mounted a through axle fork to the FCR 29er, had to test it a little. Still getting the fork dialed in, but I am really happy with it so far. The last pic shows a cool drop, and I made it once and bailed once. I slid for 20 feet before the finish in the picture.

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
those aren't the blue clay trails are they? (they look like them)

also, it looked like you nailed the take-off... what happened on the landing?

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
20mm on Fireline 29

I just put a 20mm Minute on front of my Fireline 29 and took it for a weekend trip to Big South Fork in Tennessee.
The 35 miles of XC trails circle a canyon, so all drops were 200 feet or more.

Like riding in a jungle , with tons of ferns, magnolias, rhododendron, berries, mushrooms.

The Fireline did well. I like the thru-axle on the Manitou.

Attachments

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
MarcusSommers said:
Yes those are the Blue Clay trails. I actually landed that drop fine, the crash was from another sequence. Ironically, I have a blue heeler also, his name is Jack.

Do you live in Wilmington ?
no, i've only ridden those trails once( well, i actually did a couple of laps)... does your heeler "ride" with you? mine lives to chase me around on my bike... as soon as i wake up on satrudays she's sticking her nose in may side demanding that i take her... this weekend a large buck slipped up on us... i was clearing leaves off of a small drop and the scraping sound must of brought it in... she was thrilled, but i don't think the deer was so happy:D :D :D

anyway...

Bikerbob.com said:
all drops were 200 feet or more
wow! 200 foot drops on a hard tail? maybe i'll have to get one of these:thumbsup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I put a 120mm Reba Team on my FCR. I love the maxle. I have hit some pretty big stuff on this bike before, but I have some new options now with the 5 inch fork.

My heeler loves to go on rides. It is nice to have him when I ride alone, especially at night. We both think we are freeriders, and he hits some pretty technical stuff. But he has four legs and claws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts