Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this crank? I want to run a 1X7 and have XT shifter and XT rear der and Shimano 7 cassette and Shimano 7 speed chain. I need a new BB and crank and would like to go UN-73 but can't afford the $150plus square taper cranks by Middleburn, White Industries, etc.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
It's an OEM type Deore Hollowtech, actually a pretty good bargain as it has hollow crank arms, it will just have steel inner rings rather than aluminium, but you're likely going to change the middle ring to a SS type anyway if you're looking at 1x7. For less than $60 it's too good a price to pass up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
thebreeze said:
Nice. That's the crank I want but can't find. Silver looks great. I can only find black. Found silver in octalink, but can't do it.
I found it at my local REI (Marlton, NJ), it was about 80 bucks I think. I was in there the other day and they still have a silver square taper BB M510 in the display case.

The silver does look good but I'm actually about to dump the outer chain ring for a bash ring (probably black). I never use the outer, it gets in the way more often than not. ;) --Mark

·
Combat Wombat
1,879 Posts
I have one.

marks_bike said:
I run the Deore M510 with the UN-73 bb and salsa inner and granny chain rings. Works great! Weighs like like 887 grams including BB. --Mark

I picked up a new one on ebay, pulled the rings, mounted a RF bash guard and Salsa SS 34t ring. Running it on my 99 GT Zaskar as an 8-speed and it looks pretty good considering I paid $35 for it.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.