Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have talked it over, but I'm shopping. Wondering what you all are using in the East Bay.

I ride a Turner 5-Spot mostly in Joaquin Miller/Rewood/Tilden etc. I Sometimes go over to Tamarancho/China Camp/Mt Tam also. I'm not big on changing tires every time a cloud blows through, so I would want a light, fast all-rounder. I liked the COntinental Explorer UST but wore it out really fast. The Mutano 2.24 felt heavy and lifeless to me, although it wore like iron and held pretty well on the hardpack. I prefer light weight and supple ride over huge rock crawling knobs.....

Any suggestions?

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
I know it's not a lightweight tire, but I like the Weirwolf 2.3 up front for winter conditions, sometimes I'll throw a motoraptor on the back. My buddies like Nevegals and also swear by the IRC Mythos--light, fast, and cheap. I'm trying one as a back tire and so far it has been OK in the mud.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
For once..

Lutarious said:
I know we have talked it over, but I'm shopping. Wondering what you all are using in the East Bay.

I ride a Turner 5-Spot mostly in Joaquin Miller/Rewood/Tilden etc. I Sometimes go over to Tamarancho/China Camp/Mt Tam also. I'm not big on changing tires every time a cloud blows through, so I would want a light, fast all-rounder. I liked the COntinental Explorer UST but wore it out really fast. The Mutano 2.24 felt heavy and lifeless to me, although it wore like iron and held pretty well on the hardpack. I prefer light weight and supple ride over huge rock crawling knobs.....

Any suggestions?
the search functions working..jinx..anyway

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=5271313

·
zoip.
170 Posts
well, it's the opposite of what you asked, but 2.3 weirwolfs have more cornering stick than anything i've ever ridden. this time of year it's a bad idea, because they've given me false confidence and I ride far too fast for the conditions. I also have a set of 2.4 mutanos, ran one on the rear out of laziness earlier in the fall and the back end kept trying to come around the front in the corners. loo-ooose!

anyways, I can't get over those weirwolves. so sticky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.