Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
JustRide44
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. lets have it- Pictures & opinions of fav. rigid forks- I realize this thread may have already been posted but havent seen it. It's going on a Black Sheep Stellar.
Cheers

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
middle of the road price wise, i really dig vassago's offering and salsa forks ride really well.... never really dug the feel of carbon wb, pace.... haven't tried the niner though...

One of these days i'll pony up for james making me a ti fork....

·
the flerg
80 Posts
Are you going carbon or steel since you've ruled out Ti for now? I used a cheap Voodoo from a Dambala and after committing to rigid (for a while) I purchased a carbon White Brothers Rock Solid. Man it's too stiff for me....and probably selling it. I go back to steel when I want rigid but usually stick with an 80mm Reba.

·
JustRide44
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sold on either per se. This will be my 1st Ti bike. That Vassago does look like a hell-uva deal... The thing is that the bike is going to be plenty compliant already- and for long races & trips I'll be switching out to a Reba race.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Willits WOW Fork

Willits WOW works for me.... Love the looks too, but you may not.

I had a custom rake made...... 51mm ......... It tranformed my Monkey into a completely different machine....... Better handling at all speeds and a WHOLE LOT smoother compared to the stock fork. I love it!

·
widebody
197 Posts
rooster44 said:
I know- I really should just have him make me a fork to go with the frame but I just can't justify it...
Just do it and get the Faith, if not now then later. I have ridden several rigid forks and the Faith just blows them all away. I waited six months before going for it. I tried my Sheep with the Ti unicrown and I did not like it at all. In fact I then decided to run it as a hardtail exclusively and was doing just fine when the rainy season was approaching in the fall. Spoke to James (emailed) about the Faith and he built me one up for my specific needs/wants. I wanted no brake shudder/chatter that I got with the unicrown and other rigid forks, but wanted a compliant ride too. I was thrilled on the first ride with it. I told James that the bike "came alive" with the Faith. The only draw back is if you are a weight weenie. The Faith is 300 grams or so heavier than the 650gram unicrown I had.

Have fun, you'll love your ride regardless. Be patient. It was much easier waiting the second time around;) and well worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
ssumo said:
Just do it and get the Faith, if not now then later. I have ridden several rigid forks and the Faith just blows them all away. I waited six months before going for it. I tried my Sheep with the Ti unicrown and I did not like it at all. In fact I then decided to run it as a hardtail exclusively and was doing just fine when the rainy season was approaching in the fall. Spoke to James (emailed) about the Faith and he built me one up for my specific needs/wants. I wanted no brake shudder/chatter that I got with the unicrown and other rigid forks, but wanted a compliant ride too. I was thrilled on the first ride with it. I told James that the bike "came alive" with the Faith. The only draw back is if you are a weight weenie. The Faith is 300 grams or so heavier than the 650gram unicrown I had.

Have fun, you'll love your ride regardless. Be patient. It was much easier waiting the second time around;) and well worth it.
Man, Jeff Jones designs some awesome bikes.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.