Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on my old snowboard gear and sneak onto golf courses at night with my dog. Some call it trespassing, I call it letting her run offleash in the moonlight on a beautiful carpet of grass.

What's yours?

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
Last night at Hawes in the fading sunlight (what you could see through the cloud deck). Misty clouds around Red Mountain, changing colors down by the swollen river, ultra tacky well drained soil. Ending with a booze run on my bike to Albertsons for a Mickey's 24oz with Chuck Liddell on the can which fits perfectly in my water bottle boss.

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
Hawes. Never is the trail better, for riding OR running, than when Hawes is wet, thus, tacky. Argh. You're making me want to get on my bike NOW. But I have to wait until tomorrow. :madman:

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CoyoteKis said:
Hawes. Never is the trail better, for riding OR running, than when Hawes is wet, thus, tacky. Argh. You're making me want to get on my bike NOW. But I have to wait until tomorrow. :madman:
8ish this eve, the dog and I have an appt. at Longbow. in?

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
I'll be launching my MSP Workout Loop ~6:45-7-ish tonight, rain or rain...those trails hold up great in light rain, and are non-muddy. Should be cool in the rain, in the mist, with the HID...

·
No Clue Crew
7,596 Posts
Was that one of you guys I saw riding onto Hawes by the canals yesterday (Monday) around 4ish? I was heading back to my truck on a turquoise Yeti.

Man, I was thinking how interesting it was to go fast again. I mostly ride PMP anymore, which is techy and fun, but not generally flowy. The tacky soil at Hawes was really, really fast yesterday. Good times.
d

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
chollaball said:
8ish this eve, the dog and I have an appt. at Longbow. in?
Up to my elbows in sugar cookie dough, or I would SO be there. :madmax: I envy your freedom. But tomorrow morning, after 9 I'll be out there taking advantage of that wet pack, so if you can play hookie from work... :D

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
Blatant said:
Was that one of you guys I saw riding onto Hawes by the canals yesterday (Monday) around 4ish? I was heading back to my truck on a turquoise Yeti.
d
That was me...were you riding out on the Yeti or did you see me from the truck? I rode by only 2 folks yesterday.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CoyoteKis said:
Up to my elbows in sugar cookie dough, or I would SO be there. :madmax: I envy your freedom. But tomorrow morning, after 9 I'll be out there taking advantage of that wet pack, so if you can play hookie from work... :D
at least your cage is gilded in cookie dough :D . The ride was awesome. I wore my big red parka to match my cage, bottle holder and bell. And thought of Walt, clashing under the same grey sky :ciappa: the dog now smells clean au natural and wants to snuggle on the blankets.

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
chollaball said:
at least your cage is gilded in cookie dough :D . The ride was awesome. I wore my big red parka to match my cage, bottle holder and bell. And thought of Walt, clashing under the same grey sky :ciappa: the dog now smells clean au natural and wants to snuggle on the blankets.
To avoid eating the cookie dough (the very special cookies that I will bring to OP- heh), I instead drank an entire bottle of wine. :aureola: Gotta tell you though... some time around 9 I almost gave you a holler, because I was pacing, I wanted to ride so bad! Was going to do BCT today, but I've been informed that the river is too high to go it alone. I wash away it's over knee-deep. .

Speaking of... sorry dude... but there's no such thing as a wet dog smelling clean. :arf:

·
Registered
961 Posts
late morning pre monsoon rides in the summer here in Flagpole,,,,,,,,,,trail 51, connector, over to fox trot then up rusty pipe, across land of the lost and up to overlook,,,,,,,,,,the newham/moto/old fuk*er loop is sweet in the rain too!
Sedona in the rain is also swell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.