Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a project with a number of MCE's and Iris optics. I was wondering what the opinions are on the various tints available. Which is preferred for trail use? WC, WG, or?

Thanks...

·
Registered
455 Posts
WH seems to have a more natural colour in my experience. Compared to my WG, the WH looks better. I'll try and get a picture for you.
Oh heay, thay are both M-bins.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Prefer the WC bins for that cold, arctic, retina searing, hyper white color.
It just looks brighter, but not as realistic as the WH.
Any MC-E bin should be plenty bright for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

One more question. I am looking at some driver options and there is one that will work for my configuration, but it will only give 650ma per LED. I basically will be running a Hyperboost at full 1300 with a string of MC-E's in 2s/2p. My other option is to run two of the new MaxFlex's.

Will the 50ma really be missed?

FYI, this is for an off-road motorcycle application, so every bit of light is important. My plan is to run 6-7 MC-E's in Iris (Spot and Med) optics along with a 7-up XPG (with a MaxFlex) as a helmet light.

That being said, I am also looking to have a decent match of light color/temp between the XPG helmet light and the MC-E's.

Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
symbology said:
Thanks guys.

One more question. I am looking at some driver options and there is one that will work for my configuration, but it will only give 650ma per LED. I basically will be running a Hyperboost at full 1300 with a string of MC-E's in 2s/2p. My other option is to run two of the new MaxFlex's.

Will the 500ma really be missed?
What 500mA? I can see only 50mA :) No, they won't be really missed :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts