Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know what everyones favorite bike part is? Maybe there is that one component on your bike that stands out from the rest- one you take great pride in. Or is just your fav.

So my question is- what is you favorite bike part? grips? cranks? chain? fork? brake levers? nipples? seat post clamp? any piece on your bike....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
My stoker (on the tandem of course). Other than that my Syncros seatpost that has been with me on several different bikes for the past 15 or so years.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would have to say wheels/tires. Wheels/tires can make or break any vehicle looks wise. Bikes included.

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
i'm a little torn here...
an x.9 or x.0 rear derailleur is pure mechanical art, as are the new shifter pods;
an 8" disc rotor gives me chills;
a sweet stem is like the cherry on a hot fudge sundae;
can't narrow it any more than that....

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
Aemmer said:
My stoker (on the tandem of course).

With you there.

Otherwise, wheels are my favorite part. I don't spend hours on end building any other part. And no other part depends quite so much on my skill to get me home safely. And I just like the exercise of sensing the tension in a spoke as I go 'round and 'round truing, dishing, tensioning, and making sure it's in round.

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
I won one of these stems on ebay for $50 a few years ago, and it's my favorite part. It goes on whatever my main ride happens to be. They're rare, partly because the company only ever made a few dozen of them, and partly because they had a knack for getting twisted in a hard crash. So, I make a point of not crashing. It's really stiff though, and about the same weight as a Thomson, but its prettier to look out over all day. Unfortunately, I won't be getting another one, because people have been bidding them up over $350! :eekster: :skep: :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
My favorite part is riding it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
My favorite part is the seat on the bike in front of me.... If its got a nicely shaped female behind attached to it:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like my shiny new cranks (RaceFace Evolve XC) and my front brake. I got some Hayes nines when they first came out back in the day and recently blew my front. I replaced it with an '08 HFX 9, and it's so shiny and the action is really smooth and fluid, compared to the creakyness of my old nine that's in the rear.

On the roadie, I like my bright red pedals or the new wheels I got with matching whitewall tires. It's ghetto fly

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
On my bike? Probably my 07 Talas (just because I feel the need to justify the money I spent on it lol).

Of any bike part? Hmmm... nice solid hubs like Kings, I9's or the Hopes always had a special place in my heart. I also think I'm in love with external bb's and one-piece cranksets. They're so much simpler and nicer than any of the tapered or splined cranks/bbs.

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
I'd say my favorite part are rear hubs. I like good quality, solide rear hubs. I have a Hadley and a Chris King. I love them both. There's just something about that whrrrrr sound that says quality to me. Plus instant engagment is nice to.

Hey HotBlack, what exactly is that part? :confused: I don't think i have one of those on any of my bikes.

·
out of shape
254 Posts
its hard to say because most of the parts are important, but id have to go with hubs, even though i dont have a good set, next would probaly be cranks, then forks/brakes

the least important thing to me if seat compenents and derailers

·
*Contents Under Pressure
352 Posts
the brakes..they have saved my life too many times to count...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts