Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WNC Native
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear any inside info on the upcoming Fatty Trail? I see the Fatty frames are maked down some now, was wandering if we are close to hearing more about the "Trail" version?

·
WNC Native
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it's getting closer.....
10623799_899026940117499_4974500307445555139_o.jpg

·
Did I catch a niner+?
2,957 Posts
With the bent top tube shown it looks like a Parkwood Fatty to me. If the frame offers through axle options and same geo I will upgrade my original fatty to this. The rear axle has slipped on my numerous times and no one makes a bolt through QR in 170mm that is reasonable (do not need a pitlock).

·
WNC Native
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the bent top tube shown it looks like a Parkwood Fatty to me. If the frame offers through axle options and same geo I will upgrade my original fatty to this. The rear axle has slipped on my numerous times and no one makes a bolt through QR in 170mm that is reasonable (do not need a pitlock).
I wish someone made a good 170mm hub that was bolt on(aka CK fun bolts, Hope bolts, etc....)!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I wish someone made a good 170mm hub that was bolt on(aka CK fun bolts, Hope bolts, etc....)!
Or 170mm Shimano XT Skewers at least - right? I've used XT skewers on SS set ups with horizontal dropouts without any tensioners and they've held fine ---------I bet something as solid as those would be good for 170mm fat bike hubs.

·
Did I catch a niner+?
2,957 Posts
Now I am curious about a fork. If I go with the carbon fatty fork it will need to be black. I hope we get geo info soon I imagine its not far off the parkwood. I just want a 150mm fork for it so I can swap easily to a bluto in the summer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Now I am curious about a fork. If I go with the carbon fatty fork it will need to be black. I hope we get geo info soon I imagine its not far off the parkwood. I just want a 150mm fork for it so I can swap easily to a bluto in the summer.
How would this work out with the carbon fatty fork? Probably not the best idea as it was designed around 120mm Bluto?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
How would this work out with the carbon fatty fork? Probably not the best idea as it was designed around 120mm Bluto?
The On-One carbon fork has a shorter a-c and is 135 spaced. I'm not sure if it is for a rear disc adapter either, but probably is since the alu Fatty fork is rear disc spaced. I found a cheap carbon fork on ebay that is 150mm and 485 a-c (100mm sus corrected) which steepens the HT angle by a degree or so. In the process of building now... finally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finished building mine from frame 3-4 weeks ago, I must admit that the move from 26" XC Trek to 26" Fatbike with 120mm Bluto is absolutely awesome and confidence inspiring! What build are you guys using on your Fatty Trails? I realized my build was more expensive than a prebuilt one after finishing it unfortunately, on the plus side I now know how everything is put together! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts