Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other fast rolling fatty tires besides the Vee speedster? Still very pricey for how much use it would get. Looking to do a charity ride on the fatty, thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Love my Vee 8s for pavement!

·
1,711 Posts
Just got the Vee 8's mounted and on my Moonlander tubeless. They look so small now since I'm used to Bud/Lou... but wow do they roll well.

I'm going to give another vote for the Vee 8's. You can get them basically 2 for 1 right now if you look around in some recent threads... I don't want to post it again for the 5th time ;)

CameraZOOM-20140327201916439.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Comb eBay, Fat Bike Trader (on Facebook), etc. and find a set of Floyds. I ran them on a 50 mile charity ride last year and they are superb. I plan on doing the same ride again this year... but will be doing a century (100 miles). Combine with Q-Tubes Superlights and pump up to 25psi, you will fly.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Howbout some endomorphs? I bet you could find some 27tpi endo's pretty cheap, I'm holding on to mine though. Sounds like a lot of effort and $$ for a single ride, but that's MHO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got a pair of the 120tpi Vee8 tires. Haven't ridden them off road, but at 12psi I was very happy with their pavement performance on a 7 mile ride I just went on. Much better than the 60tpi Mission tires my bike came with. Given the reasonable price, I think they are a good bet for a summer tire. Fingers crossed that they are still decent in the dirt!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Has anyone seen a write-up on these?

Origin8 Captiv-8er UL 26 x 3.5" $39.99

Amazon.com: Origin8 Captiv-8er UL 26 x 3.5" Folding Hardpack Tire, Black / Black: Everything Else
I love these tires. They roll fast, handle solidly, and wear well. Jenson will pricematch too so you can save on shipping for a pair.

Speedster review (again, same tire except the Or8 ULs weigh about 100 grams more, at just around 1080g)
Fat-Bike Exclusive ? Vee Rubber Speedster Tire | FAT-BIKE.COM

As for Floyds, fear of punctures swayed me toward something with a little more tread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts