Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not Freddy Fender, Fatty Fenders. I saw on the interweb a while back, a guy made some fenders for his fatbike using clear acrylic and I thought that was pretty cool. This past spring I started using my Mukluk for pulling my 4 year old around on his trail-a-bike. Pretty quickly we discovered that those big tires throw a lot of dirt up, right into his face, so I decided that I needed to fabricate some for myself. I thought the clear plastic was cool, but decided that aluminum would be cool too and it was easier for me to acquire.
I bought a pair of Planet Bike Cascadia 29er fenders, ripped them down the middle with a band saw and then riveted in a 3" wide strip of aluminum. I still need to add the mud flaps to the bottom of each fender, but that shouldn't be too tough. I figure once those are on then I'll add the chrome naked chick, that are on truck fenders :D.
I'm not sure if I'll keep them on once the snow flies, as I worry they'll fill up with snow, but we'll see.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody, all said and done, they came out pretty cool. I can't help but think that by next fall/winter someone will be making an after market pair of fenders for the fattys.

they look great, id love to see them with the centre strip sprayed to match the frame colour !!
Yeah, I thought that would be cool, or even trying to incorporate the trees from the Mukluk graphics. Maybe in my next set...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks eec62 and Chubbyone for the heads up on the mud flaps.

Now I can say they are officially finished. :thumbsup:

Another view showing the front fender as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.