Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4 Niners
2,124 Posts
Do you want Jet or Rip? I imagine it is probably the same. Basically nobody knows because they don't make that tire yet. The fattest tires I know of are 2.55 and they fit. So I guess the answer to the question is 2.55.

The Jet looks like it will take anything the fork will take. My guess is that it is somewhere north of 2.7. I doubt they are ever going to make a tire that big.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a 2009 Jet 9 and I put a spare wheel I had on the back for a ride. Flow rim and Panaracer Ramapage 2.35 Tire...plenty of clearance, 1/2 on each side, but the problem lies in that in you granny gear, 22 up front and 34 in the back the chain will actually rub the tire under load.....I was really suprised.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
david8613 said:
whats the fattest tires you can possibly put on a jet 9 with out any rubbing issues?

Any tire currently made will fit with room to spare. Here is a JET9 with 2.55" WTB Weirwolfs F/R. The big tires at 22 psi tubeless transform the JET9 from 'race mode' to more trail bike-ish just by setting the fork up to 100mm up front and the big high volume tires.

Cheers,

Brett
Niner Bikes

Attachments

·
24-36-48
55 Posts
brett is right: the weirwolf turns the racebike into a trailbike - even with a 80mm fork.

that's why i like the jet:thumbsup:

i checked the trail-jet last weekend in the alps of slowenia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts