Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry if this topic is already on here somewhere. I have a 2011 Giant Talon 0 with 26x2.10 tires. I want to know if it would be possible to upgrade the tires to either 2.25 or 2.30? Would they be enough clearance? Thanks

·
Ian Limburg
*Custom* 2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt 770 MSL
110 Posts
In my research online I couldn't find anywhere if those size tires would fit. I would imagine you could fit at least a 2.25 though. Most bikes are manufactured to fit at least that. I would say you could probably fit the 2.3 as well but if you want to play it safe 2.25 should be fine. What kind of tires were you thinking? I had Maxxis Ardent 2.25s on my XC bike and really liked them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my research online I couldn't find anywhere if those size tires would fit. I would imagine you could fit at least a 2.25 though. Most bikes are manufactured to fit at least that. I would say you could probably fit the 2.3 as well but if you want to play it safe 2.25 should be fine. What kind of tires were you thinking? I had Maxxis Ardent 2.25s on my XC bike and really liked them.
Hi Ian, thanks for you’re reply. Two of my friends have the “WTB” branded tyres both in 2.25 & 2.30. So have been looking and seem a good price. Only £16.99 & £19.99. I currently have Maxxis on now (which came as standard when I bought the bike) but I don’t do a lot of miles. Just wanted an upgrade to help me out in the mud and wetter rides out.

·
Ian Limburg
*Custom* 2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt 770 MSL
110 Posts
Awesome, good luck with your search. Hope the bigger tires work for ya.

·
Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
490 Posts
Hi all, sorry if this topic is already on here somewhere. I have a 2011 Giant Talon 0 with 26x2.10 tires. I want to know if it would be possible to upgrade the tires to either 2.25 or 2.30? Would they be enough clearance? Thanks
you've already posted this. mods can you merge?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts