Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming home to my folks house for Christmas from San Diego. They live about 4 miles from the FATS trails. I know that it has been raining hard for the past weekend.

Is it possible for the trails to dry out before Christmas? I sent an old bike home to get some time on the trails while there.

Also in the Augusta area, are there any other good riding options other than the Canal Trails currently? I have not been back home with access to a bike for a couple years now so I am not knowledgeable of any news trails other than FATS. ANY help is appreciated.

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
FATS is open now. A little wet, but open. The situation at Christmas will be a function of the amount of rain we get.

www.sorbacsra.org is the best place for info on FATS and other local trails. We have several great trails down here other than FATS and The Canal. I'd be happy to take you on rides of any distance over Christmas. Bring some clothing for riding in the cold and you'll be set.

The best rides are Modoc, Turkey Creek Connector. You would prolly need a local to keep you from getting lost or wandering onto private land.

Turkey Creek/Wine Creek. Good set of trails that have a 7 mile and 5 mile out/back. Or I know a loop to make it a 32 mile ride but the singletrack is 12 of the 32 and the rest is gravel and pavement.

Hickory Knob State Park has 11ish miles of trail.

Horn Creek and Keg Creek are good options too. A little shorter, stand alone loops.

I live about 2.5 miles from FATS. So if your folks are 4 miles away, we've got to be fairly close to one another. Drop me a line here if you want a guided tour or two.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am kind of in the same boat as Bhoward. I have 8 guys ready to come that way on Jan 3rd. We are really hoping for the classic FATS experience due to 4 of the 8 never leaving the Charleston area to ride.
Some of us can't handle hardcore climbing and FATS is perfect for this, but if it is closed is there something fun without the killer climbs that will be dryer and open, weather permitting of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.