Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are only a few things I love more than mountain biking, and being a dad is one of them. I think its safe to say I saw the first glimpse of MTB passion in my sons eyes the other day. Really looking forward to the day mountain biking and being a dad can be enjoyed at the same time. I think its really cool when I see young kids out on the trail with their parents. Here's to hoping my son shares my passion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! We got him a balance bike to learn on so he can hopefully skip the training wheels when he is big enough for a pedal bike. He's not quite tall enough yet to really get going on it though. One or two more growth spurts and he'll be shredding for sure.

·
Registered
573 Posts
There's nothing better than being a father! My little guy is 2, and I hope to get him a balance bike before long. I'd love to share my passion with him!

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,996 Posts
There's nothing better than being a father! My little guy is 2, and I hope to get him a balance bike before long. I'd love to share my passion with him!
Now's the time to do that. My son actually got his first pedal bike when he was 2 YO and road it the first time out without training wheels...started him with a balance bike @ 1 YO.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now's the time to do that. My son actually got his first pedal bike when he was 2 YO and road it the first time out without training wheels...started him with a balance bike @ 1 YO.

:thumbsup:
Wow, that's impressive. My son is nearly 2 and a half. I'm hoping by his 3rd birthday or possibly next Christmas we can step up to a pedal bike. 2 is definitely a good time to start though.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
very cool, bluecannon. more good times ahead! take him to watch some racing @ a bmx track if you can. took my son @ 4yrs old and a week later he was on the gate! your son's at that great age to start the stoke! continued fun to ya both!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There's nothing more rewarding than being a father. My six year old daughter and five year old son love riding with us on the bike path. They beg me to take them with me everytime I'm leaving for a ride without them. This coming summer I'll start taking them off road and maybe some mtb'ing as well.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Awesome pics. I started my son on a balance bike when he was 2 and in a week he could ride it. It was amazing. I should have gotten commission on the # I sold recommending them to friends after my wife posted a video to FB.

I just got his first pedal bike 2 weeks ago (he's 2 yrs 7 months now) and since I was in charge he ended up with a Hotrock 12. So now I tease him that his bike is nicer than mine. When he saw it for the first time, you could tell by the look in his eyes that he'll suffer from upgraditis like his old man.

Have fun with him -- as you nicely put it, my two kids are the only passion in my life that trump mt biking.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's really cool to have a kid that's into mountain biking.

My 13 year old has the speed and body build of an ace XC rider - but all that he wants to do is the gnar freeride stuff. Kids are kids, I guess.

Here I talked him into grinding up Mt. Wilson, with the bait being the 3000' descent into Sierra Madre. Almost smoked me!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm lucky enough to be a father of 2 year old twin boys. They're not on run bikes yet but they really like hanging out in my Deuter Kid Comfort backpack while I'm in my garage working on my bikes. I have to remember to keep equal time with each of them. Can't wait to be able to roll out to my local trails with them! Chances are that one of them will like riding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My daughter is not even 1 yet and she has a custom bianchi (paid more for the stickers than I did the balance bike). Sorry for the road theme on a MTB site, trust me child number two is getting a MTB not a roadie.

Bicycle part Synthetic rubber Auto part Bicycle accessory Tread

Had a few rides on the baby seat now and we've loved evey minute, can't wait for her to graduate to this.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts