Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding primarily at stewart this winter, will be heading down to westchester tomorrow with the fatbike. How are the trails at graham hills? If no good how about blue?

·
Registered
189 Posts
masterofnone The Westchester county trails are not ride-able =ice and mud.
check the forums at www.wmba.org for further details.
We'll appreciate if everyone would stay off of them till they dry up,.. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
masterofnone The Westchester county trails are not ride-able =ice and mud.
check the forums at www.wmba.org for further details.
We'll appreciate if everyone would stay off of them till they dry up,.. Thanks.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Guess im going back to stewart again.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stopped by graham hills and took a walk, there are just as many soft squishy spots as dry ones. There were a few ruts from riders that morning, so i decided to head back up to stewart. In a week or two they might be ready.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Master,

What's the condition at Stewart? Snow? Wet? Dry?
Snow yesterday was soft, i was able to find a handful of trails with just enough firmness for fat tires, but it's softening up quick. I would imagine after today it might be unrideable. Even the exposed patches of dirt road are leg sapping soft.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Waaah ;) Go earlier in the morning while it's still frozen and then Woooohooooo ooooo :eekster::crazy: What a super sillious fun ride we had this morning :thumbsup::cornut: The woods are such a great place to be in the winter and in the woods around here it is still winter much to my surprise. There was a minimum of 6" and up to a foot in spots with very few bare spots, especially above 700 feet, there are some torched out zones but almost no mud at all. I think because we had a dry late season last year and then the ground mostly froze so all the winter moisture is just running off the frozen ground.

The trail was pretty icy in spots but nothing too terrible and everything else was a super supportive crust with an extremely high traction surface. It was actually more pleasant to ride off the "trail" because it was smooth and higher traction so we played with all sorts of terrain features and rolled through places you would never go into on foot which was really cool. We rode about 5 miles with probably 1200 feet of climbing in 2.5 hours so slow going but oh so super fun.

Sorry no pics, forgot to charge the phone last night :eek:

Now I'm going to have some ice cream :icecream:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Lets do it! 8:30am tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at Cranberry Mt (Patterson.) FKNA awesome crust should be ripe for the unzipping! I'm coming to get ya Crusty :devil::devil:

Fatty fun ride - all are welcome!

eh, not really W'chester, closer to Duchess but whatever. Come out and play with me :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts